Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help. Keep 5200 or return it for something else?

Well, be glad you're not in Canada. Over here, a 9600 Pro is $250, and a 9800 Pro is $500, unless you get it from a smaller store, get a powered by ATi card, or buy it off of eBay. I wouldn't have gotten a 9800 Pro had it not been for it being bundled with my new computer for a cheaper price.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    Well, be glad you're not in Canada. Over here, a 9600 Pro is 0, and a 9800 Pro is 0, unless you get it from a smaller store, get a powered by ATi card, or buy it off of eBay. I wouldn't have gotten a 9800 Pro had it not been for it being bundled with my new computer for a cheaper price.
    Yeah, but the current exchange rate is roughly $1 Can= $0.70 US

Actually, we're back up to around .75 right now. Still doesn't stop them from charging extra, though, and when our dollar goes higher, it's not like they're going to lower their prices.

It's also somewhat annoying, considering that ATi is a Canadian company. They say they don't want to lose out on profits, but that's bull****. If they were to charge cheaper prices here, they'd have a huge advantage over the competition, so they'd have happier consumers and more profits than what they have now.

In theory.

Quote Originally Posted by SearanoX
    Actually, we're back up to around .75 right now. Still doesn't stop them from charging extra, though, and when our dollar goes higher, it's not like they're going to lower their prices.

It's also somewhat annoying, considering that ATi is a Canadian company. They say they don't want to lose out on profits, but that's bull****. If they were to charge cheaper prices here, they'd have a huge advantage over the competition, so they'd have happier consumers and more profits than what they have now.

In theory.
    ATi doesn't determine th e price retailers sell there products for, so it depends on the retailer itself, not ATi

The retailers will most often charge the suggested retail price that is set by the manufacturer, in this case, ATi. Of course, they can always charge more than it, but it's evident tht ATi's suggested price is higher than it should be. I've even seen Canadian contests in which you can win ATi products, and the suggested retail price is listed as much higher than the US price.

Meh, it's like that for everything, though. If businesses think they can get away with it, then they'll do it. ATi caters to gamers, and unless they suddenly stop buying new cards, then ATi will keep charging more than they should for their cards. It's ludicrous as well. I hear Americans *****ing about how it's $50 bucks for a game. 50 bucks? That's a damn good price for a game in Canada, especially if it's new.

Bleh, getting to ranty...

/me stops now

Last night I returned the card to BB, they had the 9600SE listed there but didnt have it in stock, went over to Comp USA and payed 120 bucks for the 9600 SE video card, couldnt be happier :-D

the SE...ugh...
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

what! its awsome! lol
    Dont tell me what i COULD have gotten.
    Dont tell me what i SHOULD have gotten.
    Dont tell me what YOU WOULD have gotten.
    I got it, no turning back now...lol

I wouldn't do that to a person...:rolleyes2
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    the SE...ugh...
    Not everyone can afford the expensive stuff. It doesnt matter the card, as long as they're happy with it, and it gets the job done for them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information