Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pleese Help...!!!

I just reformatted my Hdd and installed the cat 3.9 vid driver...But after I installed the driver, Winows would not start up. This would happen...It would get through BIOS, then the Windows loading Page would Load, after it finished loading, my monitor would shut off...:shrug: ...Please Help

Nice thoughtful title :rolleyes:

Anyway, push F8 from the time your computers POST's and try to boot into safe mode

First off, the newest ATi drivers are the Catalyst 3.10's. I doubt that it's the driver that's causing the problems. It may be that something went wrong in the reformat however. If possible, try to re-reformat it, and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot about Safe Mode...it doesn't load any drivers, so if it's a driver that's the problem, that should fix it. Then, I would uninstall the Catalyst 3.9 drivers and download and install the 3.10's.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

thanks for the quick response...ill try to install the cat 3.10's , and BTW ive reformatted probably about 17 times :wow:
    P4 3066
    Aeroflow
    P4C800-E DLX
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    Infineon 768mb Pc2700
    Antec Tru Ctrl 550w PSU
    WD 80 Gig HHD

I couldnt get into Safe mode.... and i installed the 3.10 and it still doesnt work...
    P4 3066
    Aeroflow
    P4C800-E DLX
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    Infineon 768mb Pc2700
    Antec Tru Ctrl 550w PSU
    WD 80 Gig HHD

Hey...i fixed it... I unplugged the white wire connecting the vid card to the monitor...
    P4 3066
    Aeroflow
    P4C800-E DLX
    Radeon 9800 Pro
    Infineon 768mb Pc2700
    Antec Tru Ctrl 550w PSU
    WD 80 Gig HHD

Thread Information