Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get videos to shown up by TV but NOT the comp screen?

Is there any way to get a video to the TV while doing something else with my computer screen (so the video would only be shown up on the TV)? I use the s-video to get the videos to the TV but the videos only show up on the TV when they are shown on the comp display (so the TV shows up only the same what is on the comp screen). Also the comp screen refresh rate has to be 50Hz or the TV canīt show the videos (the TV can show up the desktop with 85Hz though). Should I get this work with HydraVison or do I need some other program (or is it even possible)? :confused: :confused:

P.S. Didnīt know should I post this here or somewhere else... :rolleyes2

you need to enable "extend windows desktop" then you can just drag stuff over to that screen and maximize it

I know with dual monitors you can do two different things (one on each), but I'm pretty sure on a TV your stuck doing whats going on on ya monitor. Although im not 100% positive on that.
    Go through all your settings for it extensively and make sure theres not a setting for it though

Quote Originally Posted by mrblah
    you need to enable "extend windows desktop" then you can just drag stuff over to that screen and maximize it
    If that wasnt ticked, then nothing would show up on it anyway.

I already have gone through all the possible settings (I think :rolleyes2 ) and nothing worked. :(

Is it really so hard to do a program which could transmit the video signal only to the s-video port. There is the HydraVision (or maybe it was a multidesk) function in the ATIīs graphic cards which allows you to have max 10 (or something) "different" desktops running simultaneously and you can move program windows from one desktop to another. I couldnīt solve my problem with that either though. :(

With TV you are stuck with whats on the monitor.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    With TV you are stuck with whats on the monitor.
    What a load of crap. I've got a 9700 Pro, and I have an extended desktop between by TV and monitor a lot of the time. Works fine.

To do this (in Windows XP), I simply do the following:

- Go to the Display properties
    - Go to the Settings tab
    - There should to be two 'screens' in picture. One of them will be greyed out. Right click on that one and select 'Attached'. (Note - I've found that if you want to use WMP to watch videos on the secondary display in full screen, you need to make that screen the primary as well. Could just be me though)
    - There's two tickboxes on the screen, one to make the selected display the primary, and another to extend the desktop. You want to extend (primary is up to you).

So, after all that, it should look like the screenshot below:

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    Note - I've found that if you want to use WMP to watch videos on the secondary display in full screen, you need to make that screen the primary as well. Could just be me though)
    I do that no problem on my secondary

Beefy Guest

Probably just me then. Just whenever I double click on the movie to full-screen it, it automatically goes onto the primary, no matter which screen WMP is on.

I can do that extended desktop thing but I think my TV is too old because it canīt show the videos if I donīt adjust the comp screen refresh rate to 50Hz. Would it work if I would have a newer TV which would be able to show the picture like 75Hz or 100Hz refresh rate? Which kind of TVīs do you guys have? :confused:

In order for video to work, you need to make the TV primary. I have this same thing with my Radeon card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information