Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: geforce 3 ti500 ...should I upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    I see people saying 'Just wait for PCI Express'. As no-one really know how well this will perform, or when it's going to be common, is there much point?
    So if its not as good, we by an older card for cheaper. Or even then, its still the top of the line card, whether its substantially better, or not.

Im waiting for the single reason of waiting...

HAHA, yea right, Im broke, so thats my excuse for keeping a GF2 :cry:

I'm just waiting cause I'm on a budget and I dont want to build a whole new comp and then replace the mobo a year later when I wanna upgrade my video card. I'm not making the mistake of just getting a comp, like I did with this Williamette when I could of gotten a P4 Northwood 2 months later. Waiting is sometimes good, especially if its for new tech. : peace2: Mista K6
    Modified Dell 8200 Case:
    -400MHz FSB i850 Intel mobo
    -P4 Williamette Socket 478, 1.9GHz
    -768MB 16-bit PC800 RDRAM
    -MSI GF4 Ti4200 128MB @ 284/581
    -7200 RPM Maxtors: 60GB (2MB) on mobo and 160GB (8MB) on ATA/133 PCI Card
    -Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 Speaker System on an Audigy 2
    -Windows XP Home Edition SP2

Rock on : peace2: , MiStA K6

If waiting is good your gonna be waiting your whole life. New tech is always coming out, thats just part of the PC industry and what has made it boom so much in the last few years. Technology is expanding and going further, quicker, and is bound to only speed up, making these 'waiting' games pointless. Also, when you wait, your going to be paying top dollar for brand new stuff, that could have glitches, and may not be all its hyped up to be.

Well I upgraded from a Ti-500 to a FX5900 and was very happy. The 9800xt is a great card, but I'm not sure if I would say that you are getting the most bang for your buck. It would say that it the most buck for the bang.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information