Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Getting REALLY bad textures in games lately

I recently started playing Simpsons Hit and Run, but I'm finding it hard to drive around town due to textures that extend WELL beyond where they're supposed to. For example, the tops of bushes would extend untl the end of the map, side of buildings, etc. I would supply a screenshot, but don't know how to take one while playing that game.

Next, I tried playing Planetside, and got the same problem. Here are some example screenshots:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5779&members=1
    http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...5779&members=1

I've have all of the most updated drivers and BIOS for my parts, including the Cat 3.10. I have been overclocking for awhile. A week ago, I installed a TT cooler using Arctic Silver 5. Things I've tried: using Cat 3.9, and 3.8. Stopped overclocking, turned off AA and AF. I have NO idea what's going on!!! Have I somehow fried my card?

:confused:

My parts
    Athlon XP 2800+
    Asus A7n8x Deluxe
    1 GB Kingston RAM
    Creative Audigy soundcard

Edit: severly underclocking my memory seems to help, but I still get a funky texture or two per game (down from about 20).
    Owner of the computer "Alatar the Blue"

Athlon XP FX-53
    MSI NeoPlatinum2
    2 GB Kingston PC 3200 CL2 RAM
    ATI x800 XT
    Creative Labs Audigy 2 ZS
    21" Viewsonic Flat CRT
    Logitech Z-680 speakers
    2 x WD Raptor II
    120 GB Western Digital SE SATA HD
    Windows XP Home SP2

Did this prob start b4 or after the coolin' mod? :?:

Do you have mipmap detail on Highest in your ATi Control Panel? If it's lower, that could be your problem.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

This started happening about a week after the cooling mod.

Mipmap is set to "highest."

Thanks so far.

Athlon XP FX-53
    MSI NeoPlatinum2
    ATI x800 XT
    21" Viewsonic Flat CRT
    Logitech Z-680 speakers
    2 x WD Raptor II
    Windows XP Home SP2

If after then it's likely that ya may have got the AS5 (which is electrically conductive) onto and bridged traces on your board which means that ya'll have to clean the AS5 completely off. AS Ceramique is a much better compound to use on video cards as its non-conductive and plenty of ppl out there have destroyed cards by gettin' those electrically conductive heatsink compounds in the wrong place. It could also be that ya've pushed the memory to far for to long and its had enough of it.

I only used the AS5 on the GPU. On the memory fins, I used the supplied themal tape-stuff. You think I should redo the AS5, or do you think it's a deal with the memory (remember, severely underclocking the memory helped).

Could it be a heat issue? I know the memory fins are supposed to help, but every time I touch them, they're not hot. Is it possible that they're blocking heat (the thermal tape is shiite)?

Thanks for keeping up the conversation, as if I need to order a new card, I want to get on it ASAP. Ergo, you guys rock.:cheers:

Athlon XP FX-53
    MSI NeoPlatinum2
    ATI x800 XT
    21" Viewsonic Flat CRT
    Logitech Z-680 speakers
    2 x WD Raptor II
    Windows XP Home SP2

Thread Information