Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: AGP Voltage

I have a question about the Agp voltage control in the bios. when u boost it, is it giving extra juice to the AGP Bus or the video card itself? thanks

To both but ya shouldn't need to touch it unless ya goin' to put the bus well out of spec to try and perserve signal integrety.

so its sorta one of those useless settings? There isnt a lot of point bumping up the agp bus frequency is there? heard its real unstable and doesnt make a whole lot of difference. This wouldnt help core/mem frequencies would it?

Its basically a left over from the days when north and south bridges use to use the PCI bus for communications and overclockin' use to involve the AGP/PCI buses goin' out of spec durin' the process.

i remeber those days and im happy they are gone.

doing a voltmod on the actual card is what i would have to do then (when i decide to do it) to be able to get a really high core/mem frequency. thanks for the help again Wiggo

Thread Information