Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5900 Ultra Flickering Problems....

Quote Originally Posted by THEHUNTED
    i have a 500watt power supply....so that is not the problem ...

It could be if its unstable. Companies like Powmax, Q-Max, and Real P.C. Power make high wattage power supplies that are absolutly worthless even when they are not defective. A flickering monitor is one good sign of an unstable PSU (VERY noticable on a large LCD display). Video games freezing up and restarting will also happen. If it's extremly unstable your system might even shut down and restart ocassionally. Just becuase it says its a 500 watt PSU doesn't mean its stable. You can find a bunch of sub $30 high wattage PSU's that totaly suck, I have a shelf full of them. But again like I said before this is just one of several things it could be, but that or a defective part was the first of several things that came to mind. If your friends video card worked fine in that system and the flickering stopped, I guessing your card probably is defective, or you have incompatable software\hardware to run the card, or you simply have a setting set wrong that dosen't agree with your hardware.

wrong ! there is an 5960.. lol.... boy your slow on technology NVIDIA retracted the 5960 because of core clock problems( the cartd was seen at e3 in california) after i registered the card they sent me an email offering the 5950 as a replacement.. but i refused ... it was a supposed to be a beta card made by pny...best buy had about 10 of them in stock here in nashville a wile back but they took them off the shelves because the card wasnt stable..the only reason why i kept it was because i liked the 1050 mhz core clock (effective)... as far as the radeon 9700 goes on that stat thingie.... i gues s you dont read pc gamer... you must be a gamecube boy or something... because about 2 issues ago they ran some benchmarks.. and the 5900 ultra was getting its ass whipped in the ut3 timedemo and LOST ON AN average of 10fps ahead in the 3dmark2001se egor demo at e3.
    -SCHOOLED

-YEAH... anyways - i switched out souncard, eithernet card, and it fixed the flickering problem....nvidia tech told me himself that the driver fix (45.33) for the flickering problem was just designed to slow the core and memory clock down as well as speed up the fan's rpm's..which did solve some flickering in machines but not all.. the card somehow "interferred" with the frequency of my sound and eithernet...weird..

THen lets see a link!...:cheers:
    X-Dreamer Case w/ Window
    Enermax 660w PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    Asus K8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS 256x2 MB DDR500
    1xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
    4x300GB WD 5400 RPM 8mb
    Ati Radeon 9800XT (440/780)
    Pioneer 8x DVD-RW
    Samsung 173v 17' LCD
    SB Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

do a goggle search on beta cards by nvida...there you'll see serverial sights pop up that are foriegn that talks about the 5960 ....(they supposidly left the cards out longer over there before recalling them.)

Haha......ok, im done with this character....

He obviously can't even give out truthful information....

My previous statement still stands too. If you think the 9700 is so damn good, go grab one, and I challenge you to beat me with it.

FX5900 - 3DMark2001 [20,566] - 3DMark2003 [7,281] - Aquamark3 [56,694]
    Ti4400 - 3DMark2001 [16,028]

Quote Originally Posted by THEHUNTED
    do a goggle search on beta cards by nvida...there you'll see serverial sights pop up that are foriegn that talks about the 5960 ....(they supposidly left the cards out longer over there before recalling them.)
    Was done b4 I asked you for a link.

^^

:2cents:

Hey guys,...
    that dude is right when he mentioned about the 9700 pro beating the 5900 ultra in some tests. i saw the comparison on tech tv's extended play. the 5900 ultra got beat on more than one occasion...( i'm not taking sides because i have a 5900 ultra too) also nvidia did produce a 5960 ultra.. but it was discontinued . pc computing did a article on it last month. it was supposed to be the next radeon killer but the video card had a serious heat flaw. nvidia had a booth at the last e3 show which they displayed the card.
    -peace

True , tRUE...HE'S RIGHT
    THE 9700 DID BEAT THE 5900 ULTRA IN SOME BENCH MARKS ...
    NOT BY MUCH THOUGH ...I THINK IT WAS LIKE 5 OR 6 FPS..
    BUT STILL...LOL A 9700 PRO?
    THAT 5960 ULTRA YOU GUYS WAS TALKNIG ABOUT WAS A SCREW UP BY NVIDIA...I READ ABOUT IT IN MAC ADDICK.

HERE'S YOUR PROOF NON- BELIEVERS..... READ WHAT JHON CARMACK IS SAYING ABOUT THE 5950 COMPARED TO THE 9700 PRO RUNNING DOOM 3. Carmack sounds off on GeForce FX

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information