Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCI-E compatable with today's PCI?

Yeah I know the jk thing (just being sarcastic). I do want to upgrade. One time I built my own computer (big mistake) when I turned it on a firey smell came of it so I took it to the shop to get it repaired and they said it melted. So from my experiance I will not be installing any hardware soon.

Just for no reason what so ever, have any of you's downloaded any tech demos from nvidia. I think there class. I diffenitely recommend the chameleon one.

Heres a pic...

Sorry can't get pic to work.

:cry:

please use the edit button next time, it's there for a reason.

we know there's a problem with uploads, it seems to be a bit hit or miss lately.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Yo does anyone know what specs the E3 version of Half Life 2 were running at? Cause if I knew I could upgrade to that spec.
    :cool:

And if possible could someone also tell me what Doom 3 was running on.

If ya case is a proper midi-tower and not one of those slimline ones then an ASUS P4P800 mobo with an R9600P or FX5700U or higher spec'd video card should do ya but if ya not sure about ya case then supply us with a link to your particular model Dell.

My pc was on offer so its hard to find try www.dell.co.uk and go to the desktop section then go to Dell Dimension 2400. It should tell you info on it there.

Seein' as they state that case to be a "micro-tower" it won't likely take a full size ATX mobo but Gigabyte do have a few mATX mobo's that should do the job quite well and this bein' one of them, GA-8IPE1000MK.

It looks pretty good..

:eek:

Also, you should note that Dell makes there own motherboards. And the are never atx compliant so the mobo stands are not in the right places. So replaced the mobo in your current case will be a problem.

Also, if you ever want a deal from Dell never take the 2400 or a mobo without an AGP slot.

Many times they sell the PowerEdge 400SC for the same price and it has an AGP slot, though they don't state it on their site.

-smokey
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information