Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Video card options (merged threads)

Black rain had posted the whole article, but with cable, it takes forever to load. Making it imposable for dialup users, so thats why posted just the graph reduced by 25%. And thats just a rough guide as to general speed vs speed to give a better idea what he is dealing with.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Quote Originally Posted by rustydud
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...pa=1&section=3
    "Do Not.... I repeat, DO NOT install the drivers provided by MSI. MSI drivers made a mess of things. I am here to save you hours of headaches. Take the blue VGA driver CD that MSI provided and throw it way. Go straight to nVidia's website and download 43.45 for directx 8.1. or download 53.03 for directx 9. MSI makes a good video card. They cannot package a driver. nVidia's drivers will install this card as a ti4800, but it will run great. Installs slightly underclocked at 648x297Mhz - will go past the stock 650x300 but not very high. I never overclock my video and this is a nice, fast card."

This was a review by someone who bought the card...not sure if its valid or not, you tell me, but it says the man could install directx9....

Thanks
    ------
    "Dr" Phil:shoot3:
    Thats bull****, I have an MSI FX5600 and the drivers that came with it were absolutely fine, that person obviously didn't know what he was doing

^Ok, make that guy was bsing. Or didnt know what he was doing. The question is is if the ti4600 does or doesnt support directx9, or if so, can or cant it utilize it.

For nvidia cards does the se mean crap or good?

------
    Phil

ti4600 is not DX9 at all.

As for the "SE", that just means its a slower, budget version of the card, although as RDR said the 5900SE's are pretty good bang for ya buck cards

So your gonna go with the ti-4600. Well between those 3 I would have to let the warrenty be the desiding factor. So at that point I would have to make the visiontek my first choice as out of those 3 it is the only one that has a true lifetime warrenty (actually not sure about msi), but if you check out pny you will find out there lifetime warrenty is defined as something like the life of the product line. In other words it would be unlikely that they would honor the warrenty on the ti-4600 and I recall in a forum that when they did the guy got a 5600 non ultra as the replacement. Heck I still a LT warrenty on my xtasy ti-500 and mx-420(don't ask).
    Just curious, but what prices are these ti-4600 coming in at. Other than that I wish you luck with you purchase.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Thats bull****, I have an MSI FX5600 and the drivers that came with it were absolutely fine, that person obviously didn't know what he was doing
    You didn't go straight to the latest Det drivers? You should know better...:no:

mblue go on pricegrabber you can find one for $118...

-----
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    You didn't go straight to the latest Det drivers? You should know better...:no:
    I did go straight to them, but I had to use the MSI ones at first to get my PC up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    I did go straight to them, but I had to use the MSI ones at first to get my PC up and running.
    Is it that hard to visit nvidia.com and grab the latest without any dets installed.. :)

OK this is making me angry I have to many questions and too little computer literate friends...but then I have you guys you guys kick ass thanks for the help.

Which is better a 5900XT or 5900SE? the xt is priced lower on the site, dunno though which is better, could be fluke

btw those of you getting tired of my posts please ignore them

anyway thanks
    -------
    Phil

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information