Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best value card?

hey, just wanna ask what card is the most affordable high performance videocard. 'Cause i'm planning to replace my old sluggish geforce-2 mx 400 card. thanks

I don't know how the prices over there go but what sort of price range are ya lookin' at (in $US or $AUS if ya can) and what are ya roughly lookin' at? :?:

9800pro is like $212 from newegg. Really cant beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    I don't know how the prices over there go but what sort of price range are ya lookin' at (in $US or $AUS if ya can) and what are ya roughly lookin' at? :?:

I'm looking for at least below 120$US. I really don't have enough budget. now that 1 US $ here is 56 pesos. lol.

Ya'd likely be in more the 128MB GF4 Ti series cards but ya may find some R9600 non SE's in that as well (R9600SE's arn't good).

ok maybe i'll go with that. thanks wiggo. And ehem. I think I saw a Geforce 4 mx440. is there a videocard like that? I can't remember exactly what mx is it. But I'm pretty sure its mx440 I saw. and one thing. I only have an AGP 4x slot. Does putting an Agp 8x card into a 4x slot hurts performance of the card?:thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by pbatacan
    ok maybe i'll go with that. thanks wiggo. And ehem. I think I saw a Geforce 4 mx440. is there a videocard like that? I can't remember exactly what mx is it. But I'm pretty sure its mx440 I saw. and one thing. I only have an AGP 4x slot. Does putting an Agp 8x card into a 4x slot hurts performance of the card?:thumb:
    The GF4 MX440 isn't much better than what ya already got but 8X AGP video cards will work in 4X AGP slots though they'll only work at the 4X rate which means that ya won't be really missin' very much.

I think 9600 pro's are in that range..

Thread Information