Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: radeon 9000pro lockup

I just upgraded to a Gigabyte GA-7vt600 with a AMD 2500+ cpu. I have a radeon 9000pro 128mb card. When I try to play C&C Generals, the game starts but then when I start a mission the computer beeps once and the screen and system lock up.

I erased the old drivers and reinstalled the latest catalyst and drivers, but no change.

Is this a driver issue or is the ATI card incompatible or do I need to re-install the game?

Thanks.

what are your temps like?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I've never checked my temps. Right now I have a cpu fan that came with the retail box for the AMD Barton 2500+.

How do I check that?

some software usually comes with gigabyte mobos that will display temps, but you could also download motherboard monitor 5 (mbm5). These will be using onboard sensors, so it's not likely to be 100% accurate, but it should let you know if you are running too hot.

Thanks.

I'll check my mobo cd for monitor software and see if I can get a reading on temps. Probably won't get to it until later today.

while you're at it, when was the last time you updated your chipset (KT600) drivers? you may also want to download memtest86+ and check your RAM as well.

*sorry, but being at work I can't provide links at this time

If you mean the latest 4-in-1 drivers, I have downloaded them but not installed them.

If the temps are too high, what should I do next?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by drets
    If the temps are too high, what should I do next?
    look at some ways to improve your cooling; probably look at what we can do to improve your case cooling. If you're willing to spend some money, a new 3rd party heastsink for your CPU is always a good idea also.

i doubt it would be your temps...you dont have your cpu or your gpu oc'd do you?

do you have the latest directx?

im thinking its a conflict somwhere if you can start the game, and it freezes up...how soon does it?

It sounds like the fan that is supposedly 'approved' by AMD is possibly not getting the job done?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information