Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAJOR help with my new ati card

Ok before i pick up my comp and throw it out my window i decided i should drop by here first (its sittin on the ledge right now bought 2 fall).

Ok here is da prob tweaktown genieuses. If you read my earlier thread i had problems with my radeon 9700 so i picked up the 9800 pro like i said. I just finished reformattin comp for it, installed everything i need 2 (firewall/virusscan, video drivers, windows updates, ect.) Also adjusted all video settings for it.

Now i booted up my jedi academy game and knowing i got another top of the line card now so i maxed out all video settings and started the game. Well now what happened is that i am getting 1 fps in the game.

Now think about it, i have a top of the line card, jedi academy uses the aged quake 3 engine. So that = i should get mad fps while still having everything maxed.

I did some research before i posted here. i went into my ati control panel, then went to smartguard and noticed the agp speed was set to off. Now I no you cant have this like that so i set it to 4x (thats the max my mobo can handle) and restarted the comp just like it prompted. I played the game still 1fps with craZy lagg. Checked back the smartguard and the agp speed was still at 0x (funny huh?).

Now I have all latest drivers installed for everything, did everything corectly so will sum1 PLEASE tell me wtf is up wit my comp. I really really really really really want this **** fixed so i can enjoy fast crisp graphics that the 250$ payed for.

My specs just 2 let you know:
    p4 2.53 ghz
    1 gig pc 3200 ddr ram
    windows xp home/with sp1 installed
    80 gig hd
    Some piece of **** mobo that came wit comp when i got from hp.

and uhhh thats it so can sum1 pretty plz tell me how 2 get my agp speed back 2 4x and hopefully that will resolve this problem (i hope). Please post back fast i wanna fix this FAST.

This happens alot...the order of things you install after reformatting is...windows xp, motherboard chipset drivers, direct x , video card drivers...then other software.

That games has problems with 9800pro cards, dont kill your system over one game, i take it u down loaded the new 4.4 dirives? New motherboard would help.

the point is is happens with every games ut4, farcry, ect.

also i dont think hp makes drivers for this motherboard anymore and i dont think any of em r on the net so i didnt install any. yes i do have 4.4 cats

another thing is should i get a new mobo or what?

Yes i would sounds like u have great equipment no matter with u put in that motherboard it not going to work its best.

hmmm any1 else wanna have a say in this..... i was lookin at mobos when i went 2 frys 2 get the card and i heard a asus 865 is good and i saw 1 that i liked for a reasonable 90$

i might as well go all the way cuz this mobo has always been ****...

but waitin for more input first

Listen to AsianBatman. He knows what he is talking about. He's one of the "genieuses" you talked about.

Installation order can kill you performance.

Also, just to note, the 9600 is a mid-range card. The 9700 is a high end card.

Also, make sure you check HP's website for updates. Also, call tech support, they may be able to help.
    If the stuff in glow sticks is truly toxic then why do they make so many flavors?

ok i tryed installing different drivers and i found out that anything that is 3.9 cats or below it sets my agp speed to 4x. Any cats above 3.9 it sets my agp speed to off.

Does this mean the newer catylysts are not compatible with my motherboard or Graphic card?

Ok, just because hp is useless doesnt mean you can't find the correct drivers for the chipset which hp did not make. Find out who made the chipset and head over to their site.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Your agp isn't going to work properly if you dont have the correct mobo chipset drivers for your motherboard..i would definitely go with the new motherboard, and i am assuming your old one doesn't have dual channel? The asus board will give you dual channel, thus twice the ban width for your ram...so get the new board..reformat..install chipset drivers...then directx, then card drivers. If that doesn't work then i am stumped...but if you can't buy the board then you have to find your chipset drivers some where..give me your motherboard name and number, and i will try to find it for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information