Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: using my 56" HDTV as my monitor???

I just got done duilding a p4 3.0ghz system and planned on using my HDTV as the monitor. So i hooked it up through the s-video out on the video card and into the tv but the picture looke really ****ty. and the color isn't that good. I was looking 4 any suggestion (do i need a converter or soomething?). I was looking at viewsonic NextVision N6 but i really don't know if that's what i need...thanks

First of all what video card do you have and is it capable of running hdtv output (rgb). HD signal cannot go through a svideo cable. If your running a ATI card capable of HD then goto there website and purchase the converter. This should solve your problem if you have a ATI card.

Last note , using a TV of any sort including a hdtv as a monitor can easily harm it. The images that dont move can and will burn in given a relatively short time. I highly recommend against using them.

The images that dont move can and will burn in given a relatively short time
    That would not be an issue, unless using a plasma.

It would be nice if I know what video card and TV you wer using. You should be fine as long as your video card has a DVi output (white on back of the card) and can support two monitors(assuming that your video card supports hd), I think Dvi and HDtv use same cable. But you need to make shure ure video card supprts HDtv..
    X-Dreamer Case w/ Window
    Enermax 660w PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    Asus K8V Deluxe
    Corsair XMS 256x2 MB DDR500
    1xWD Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM
    4x300GB WD 5400 RPM 8mb
    Ati Radeon 9800XT (440/780)
    Pioneer 8x DVD-RW
    Samsung 173v 17' LCD
    SB Audigy 2
    Windows XP Pro

"That would not be an issue, unless using a plasma"

I own a HDTV and it currently has 2 images burned into the screen. I payed 3k for this tv and it bums me out that they burn so easy , but they do. What brand tv and type hdtv is it please and Ill back up my statements with facts.

Thread Information