Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Best for Gaming

1. Default

I;m building a gaming computer and need advice on a grafics card. Should I go ATI or wait for the new Nvidia 6800 i a couple mounths?

I would wait a month or two for the nVidia GeForce 6800 to come out, then get an ATi Radeon 9800 XT. Why? It's more than enough power, and when the next line of cards comes out, it'll be at a good enough price that you can spend the money you save on something else.
    This is where my signature would go had my host not been such a Bandwidth Nazi.

For once i agree with Seranox..but its gonna be awhile for prices to drop dramatically...hell why not get a 9800 pro..it might be 100! or 150!

The Argument King in agreement!? :shock:
    A 9800XT or 9800Pro would definitely be enough to make you happy. And the money you save will not just be in the card. You'll also end up spending more on power. Hell, even cooling might be more of a problem with one of these cards.

Hey......i dont agree with him then! lol...havven't seen him post in a while..but finally i agree with him..hard to believe isn't it seranox?

Why is it so surprising for me to agree with others? I do it all the time...although perhaps not so much at TweakTown. I'm also not usually so argumentative. I just had a bit of a streak, I guess. And to explain my absense, I've been lurking around here...but there hasn't been much to post about lately. I'm going to make myself more active now, getting more than just a few posts a week.

Sorry to bring things off-topic, by the way...

I doubt anyone really cares if you bring things off-topic anymore....

Good lord, you do know about Beefy's World, don't you? I'm practically been redirecting any people with problems to there, at this point.

8. Default

Thanks guys I think I'll go with the 9800 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    I doubt anyone really cares if you bring things off-topic anymore....

Good lord, you do know about Beefy's World, don't you? I'm practically been redirecting any people with problems to there, at this point.
    I know about it, but I haven't really signed up there, or even looked at it for that matter. I'm at too many message boards at the moment (not to mention modding at two), so I don't have enough time to go to another one at the moment.

Thread Information