Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: X800 XT - Which brand to get?

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    ok, i've had it trying to help a name calling dufus......i've provided the links to corroborate (geforce 6800 vs platinum pro).....my information is provided to everyone else that understands but you......and who cares if you don't get it......do your homework before you start slinging hash
    and where exactly are those links?

i put it in parenthesis....look for that thread, first page, 1/3 way up from bottom.....

i dont see any links. i only see u calling me an idiot.

i apologize if i did, i do come on a bit strong @ times..........but, it wasn't meant just or you if it was plural.........now, back to the links...7 links from the bottom/14 from top geforce 6800 ultra vs platinum pro thread

ok so ur talking about the 6800GT links. im on a completely different subject here.

no they're nv 40 links showing that they are also the nv 45 w/a pci-xpress bridge

As you probably know a few NVIDIA board partners have been given the opportunity to offer a faster 450MHz 6800 Ultra card, but from what I've read so far only one in a thousand chips will run at around 450MHz or faster. If this information is correct, and everything I've read so far suggests that it is, then I believe that 400MHz is the correct speed for its current NV40 core.

Whilst looking at BFG's site, I noticed that its 6800 Ultra OC card is being quoted at 425MHz, which confirms this story.

so that basically leaves pci xpress as the big factor in doubling the 6800's current numbers, if they can really push that bandwidth with power optimizations.....still , i have to hear myself say that again....double the current performance of the 6800......double the 3d marks.....double the fps.....i'm seeing double.....help!

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    so that basically leaves pci xpress as the big factor in doubling the 6800's current numbers, if they can really push that bandwidth with power optimizations.....still , i have to hear myself say that again....double the current performance of the 6800......double the 3d marks.....double the fps.....i'm seeing double.....help!
    double... hehe. i don't think so: http://www.sudhian.com/showdocs.cfm?aid=554

hey.....i can dream can't i?.......it's true currently there aren't any games that need the extra bandwidth, but, i can't imagine games like doom 3 and on not beginning to use that pipe......just the capability makes it a novelty in that people always to to push limits

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information