Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: X800 XT - Which brand to get?

I know I asked this same question about the 9800XT, but I'm curious about the X800 XT.

I'm trying to search for reviews on the various brands, but I can't get to a lot of the sites from work (stupid nazi proxy!).

If all else fails, just stick with the ATI brand, right? :wink:

Depends on features you want, your price range, and what you want to do with it.

If you want to do a lot of video editing/capturing, and recording, then and All in Wonder ATI card. If you want a good all around card, I would (and will) go with asus. OCing is a different story. Something with a nice big HSF, and if your really adventurous, look into changin a pro to an XT

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/d...514100050.html

Thanks for the info. I doubt I'd be doing any OC'ing, and I'm not into video editing/recording/etc. A stock XT card would probably be good enough for me.

ABIT's RX800 XT should be a good prospect when it turns up fitted with an OTES cooler (I hope).

What's an OTES cooler?

would you guys suggest looking for a company to come out with their own cooler or wait for thermaltake to make one?
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

hesh: The OTES (Outside Thermal Exhaust System) is an efficient heat transfer device used for cooling the GPU, resulting in lower operating temperatures. Your VGA card will run cooler, which means enhanced system stability, performance and prolonged product life.

Asus and Sapphire cards are almost identical looking they both seem to stick to the reference model but with a minor change in cooler design. Asus has slightly bigger cooler which covers the rams.
    Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop
    p4 1.7GHz, 1GB DDR-Ram, 40GB hdd, DVD-ROM+External DVD-+RW, connected to a BenQ 17"LCD Display (own LCD display went nuts)

weta...

Thanks, man. I know I can always count on getting solid info from you.

ufuk21p...

Is it better to get an Asus card that covers the memory, or is that really not a big deal?

HIS Excalibur X800 XT IceQ II

http://www.hisdigital.com/html/x800xt_iceqii.htm#

:shock:
    ASUS A7V333
    AMD 3000 XP +
    ATI 9800 XT 256MB
    1 GIG PC 2700
    ANTEC P-160

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information