Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: bad fps in farcry with 9800pro

ok
    any other suggestions?

bump

There's no need to bump here at TweakTown

Yep, it'll either be answered or not. :P

01001101 Guest

anyway, i can't believe no one has suggested patching the game...

also, the 1.2 patch (and sdk) is due very soon

ill try patching the game, although with my ****ty connection it'll take a while

the patch did nothing to the fps.

01001101 Guest

if you answered this in the other thread, then I appologize since I havn't checked it yet... but what ARE your FPS, specificly?

I just picked up FarCry a couple days ago, and i can play it just fine with reasonable settings, including 4x AA. (no-OC 2200+, 512MB PC2100, 9800pro untweaked)

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee
    with the ingame /r_displayinfo 1 thing i get around 30 fps on high. the problem is i keep getting micro stutters, even 40fps sometimes doesnt look smooth, it's unplayable. even on medium i get a stutter when doing someething like firing for the first time.
    with the patch there seem to be less stutters but now the fps is in the 20s :(

01001101 Guest

I'm not going to reread this whole thread, so this may have already been asked...

you have a more powerful system than myself, but I can play FarCry just fine on meddium-high settings. I don't know what my spcific FPS are, but I havn't had a reason to check. But I keep very tight maintance and have tweaked XP about as far as it can go. My question to you is, how much have you tweaked XP? You would be amazed at how much performace you could get out of it. Once that's done, you should consider tweaking the game as well, if you havn't done so already.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread Information