Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GeForce 6800 Ultra vs. Platnium Pro

I think I'd know that, considering I made the announcement in the Processors thread on the 1st. :rolleyes:
    We were talking about dual-core processors. AMD announced a few days ago it finished engineering on a dual-core Opteron. I was just wondering if Weta knew anything more regarding the subject....

Go to this thread for benchmarks and information regarding socket 939 processors:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/viewtopic.php?t=18575

well, the just recent release in the server category is one that features hypertransport and pci express 2.0 http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/tic...&Symbol=US:AMD

Now we're totally off-topic... PCI-X and PCI-E aren't the same thing, plus I was just wondering about dual-core processors because we need more powerful desktop processors in order to take advantage of the new line of graphics cards...

yeah..............but, i wanted to throw that your way......dual core ships late 2005 http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/09..._to_ship_late/

:D Nice...

Smart move for AMD. By then, there should be a high demand for dual-core CPUs, especially with Longhorn around the corner..

Now if only I could afford an Opteron system by 2005... :(

Bleh.... The cards are enough to keep most of us happy anyway.

stay behind the curve and you should do well

AMD, INTEL, etc. They ran out of space, recently Intel failed to meet an Apple deadline for a 90 nanometer processor, to many heat problems. I know I'm talkin' CPU's but it is relavent. Plan on seeing dual chipsets, plan on seeing integrated CPU/GPU, plan on water cooling .
    These things apply to both CPU's and Video cards. As for NV waiting to drop a bombshell on ATI, I agree; but keep in mind ATI always seems to have something to fire back. (Waiting to relese the x800 until NV relesed their 6800? Come on too much of a coincedence.) But that's a free market system for you! I am done shopping for vid cards for a while as I have an X800, I am going to wait and see what the already stressed processor companies are going to do about their little problem of theirs.

Default Re: GeForce 6800 Ultra vs. Platnium Pro

K8V Asus Motherboard
    AMD64 3000+ (standard FSB)
    x2 PSB 512 MB PCI3200 400mhz DDR
    256 ATI X800 Pro
    250 GB 7200RPM Hittachi Hard Drive
    Cooler Master 500 watt switching power supply
    Evercool 201 Water Cooling (CPU AND GPU)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information