Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Catalyst and Omega?

ok ok ok, Im thinkin i took it to far, and Im sry. But what your stating is the same as saying "the normal Catalysts can have problems". Sure they can, but the Omega drivers are actually okd by ATI themselves, so I dont know, when the company kinda certifies the drivers, Im thinking their pretty damn good. Ok, but ill stop now K? Went to far, everybody has a valid point PEACE (it was fun while it lasted :P

Quote Originally Posted by Let_Me_Live
    Oh yea yaugmoth, I like the way you put the quotes in the wrong order to make myself seem stupid you ****. Oh well, what can you do huh??
    There in the right order, unless he edited his post.

When should I start thinking about OCing my video card? If everything I play so far works fine, I should just leave it with the Catylist, right? Now, if I was planning to install the Omega to OC the card, I follow the guide this guy wrote.

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...=guide&dId=569

and install the Omega. Is there a guide for overclocking with the Omega?

1) Omega drivers do not need your old drivers to be uninstalled
    2) go to www.omegadrivers.net for all of the info
    3) If you are still having problems, you can e-mail the guy who makes the Omega drivers, he will respond to you in a day.

With that said, what are you doing with your comp? Some people like me oc our computers and gpu's in order to get respectable performance in games and such. Some, its just like racing, you gotta see whos the best. List the specs of your comp to see what is needed..

Well, so far, all my games run fine on the highest performance. There's no lagging of any sort. I run all my games on the highest performance possible. The only thing I want to go faster is when I make a DVD. When I do video editing and stuff, I want the computer to perform at a faster rate. I use Studio 9 and it's very unstable. There's a big chance it's because I have PC2700 rams that I discussed about in the OC forum. But when I get the Studio 9 to work and when I finish the whole movie, I need to get it to compile the whole thing and such. This takes about 30 minutes. I was just hoping it can go faster if I OC the video card too. BTW, the problems I have with Studio 9 is that when I add transitions (special effects between scenes to move one from another) it would just turn off. Another one is when I try to preview some clips, nothing would happen as if I didn't do anything. The last problem is the 30 min time for compiing which I already said.

OC'ing a video card won't increase times on compiling/converting movies and such.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    OC'ing a video card won't increase times on compiling/converting movies and such.
    exactly what amd_man2003 said. And since your games run fine with your card theres no real need to overcl****. If you overclock your video card you amy get slightly better benchmarks but sicne you dotn notice any problems there wotn be any real noticable differences if you overclcok it.

If you want to see faster compiling times I think u should overclock your processor. That will probably give a boost in performance

Quote Originally Posted by insane_machine
    If you want to see faster compiling times I think u should overclock your processor. That will probably give a boost in performance
    yes, ocing a video card will not help in compiling times. So if you want to ocing your processor might be a good idea

YEs, I m already looking into that. I have a post in the OC'ing forum bout my RAMs. TY for ur replies.
    -Case - Aspire X-Dreamer (Silver)
    -Processor - P4 2.8C OC 3.26GHz
    -Motherboard - Chaintech S865PE Socket 478 Intel® Pentium 4 800MHz FSB Intel 865PE + ICH5
    -RAMs - pqi TURBO (2 x 1GB) DDR400 Dual Channel 2.5-3-2-5
    -Graphic Card - HIS ATI 512MB X1650 Pro
    -Hard Drive - Western Digital 7200rpm 8mb cache (250gb)
    -CD Drive - NEC DVD-RW ND-2510A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information