Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Radeon 9600pro Artifacts attack!!!!

Exclamation Radeon 9600pro Artifacts attack!!!!

I recently added a radeon 9600pro 256mb to my system and have been confronted a drastically annoying problem in which all the textures become odd green, purple, and other colored block artifacts. A friend suggested the power supply might be the problem, but the new 450w PS doesn't do any good. Furthermore, the system doesn't seem to be running too hot. It can get up to 45 degrees C, but normally hovers around 40. If I set the card to optimal performance in the control panel it helps a bit but after a while the strange atrifacts return. Please help!!!

Damn, I can't even tell what game that is!

Firstly, what drivers are you using for it? Try the 4.4, 4.5 or 4.6 Catalysts (the 4.7 seem to degrade performance.

You could also try grabbing some Omegas and underclocking the card. If you have to do that, though, you should return the card to where you got it. I wouldn't pay money for a card that can't even run at it's advertised speed without artifacts (even with an OCed processor and no case fans I can't see a card giving artifacts at stock speeds).

From the original post it looks like it IS a new card. I'd start contacting the retailer or manufacturer and see about RMA'ing that sucker.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    From the original post it looks like it IS a new card. I'd start contacting the retailer or manufacturer and see about RMA'ing that sucker.
    Thats what I meant, sorry about being unclear.

Have u tried to unistall the drivers and renistall diff ones i had same kind of pro wit my sapphire 9600pro 128 all it took was going from stock drivers to omegas prob is gone now hasn't happened in like 6 or 7 month i've had card.

BTW is the game. Star Trek Elite Force II.
    My Main Rig:
    | X2 3800+ @ 2.95 | DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D | mushkin eXtreme Performance 2GB PC4000 | Fortron 500watt Blue Storm Psu | Thermaltake Xaser III VM3000A Skull Case 6x80mm Fans 1x120mm Fans | EvGA 7800GT CO SE @ 501/1.24 | WD 120gig 7,200rpm 8mb cachSATA HD | Logitech z560's |

Thread Information