Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X800 Aftermarket coolers?

Question X800 Aftermarket coolers?

Does anyone know of any aftermarket coolers that fit the X800? I have done the bridge mod (un-locked the 4 extra pipelines, to get a 16pipelines) and i would like to OC the card to near XT PE specs. The only problem is the memory is not covered by the stock cooler. It's a "Built by ATi" so it has the smaller unit.

-Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

Default Re: X800 Aftermarket coolers?

i can give you the cooler off my x800xt p.e.

Why not just add some RAM sinks to the modules not covered? With the wind created inside that case you have, it may be all you need. Otherwise you can look into water cooling?

Don't know if they have aftermarket coolers for these new video boards or not, but they will be available soon I'm sure.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Luck.exe
    Does anyone know of any aftermarket coolers that fit the X800? I have done the bridge mod (un-locked the 4 extra pipelines, to get a 16pipelines) and i would like to OC the card to near XT PE specs. The only problem is the memory is not covered by the stock cooler. It's a "Built by ATi" so it has the smaller unit.

btw the ram is not suposto be covered by the cooler that would actually heat the ddr3 more than cool it

Thread Information