Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with XFX Geforce6800Ultra Plz

Default Help with XFX Geforce6800Ultra Plz

Apologies to mods if in wrong forum!!!, I am building myself a new system from scratch with a ASUS SK8V mobo 1GB RAM (2x512mb sticks) 500 watt PSU and 2 serial ATA drives, and two pioneer DVD writers, each DVD drive is in a separate IDE channel and all the connections are good to all drives and cards, im now trying to boot the system for the first time, the CPU (AMD FX53) cooling fan starts and the cooling fan on the geforce 6800 all start up, there are no nasty sounding beeps or anything, and everything seems ok, however when i plug my VGA connector to monitor i get an error sayin "no input signal" The geforce does not have a VGA connector but a DVI and a gender adapter for changin it to VGA which i am using, the system has no OS installed and i connected the additional power connectors to the geforce. I am totally stumped on what the problem is??, i suspect the graphics card but as this is my first "new build" i am unsure what to do, can anyone offer me any advice???

Altho there is no OS or drivers for the Gefrorce installed i expected to at leat see a bios boot screen?!?!?!?

All help\advice gratefully recieved!!!
    My PC
    P4 1.4Ghz, 256MB RAM
    WD 80GB HDD PRIM, 20GB HDD SEC
    WINXP Pro
    Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB Color Power

Default Re: Help with XFX Geforce6800Ultra Plz

It sounds like you're not getting into the bootup sequence at all. Double check all peripherals for a solid connection. Memory, CPU, graphics board, and PCI peripherals... pull everything out and clean the edges or pins as appropriate and reseat them. More times than not this will be the problem. Another trick of the trade is to lay the case on its side during this process and do not use any screws to secure the AGP/PCI peripherals into place. Though rare, you can sometimes get a card where the retention bracket is out of line slightly. When you place a screw in the bracket to secure it to the case, you pull the rear part of the card out of the slot (making it a non-usable device).

Alternatively, if you have some sort of digital display on the mainboard itself (I don't know about your model), this can give you a code letting you know where potential problems are.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    Another trick of the trade is to lay the case on its side during this process and do not use any screws to secure the AGP/PCI peripherals into place. Though rare, you can sometimes get a card where the retention bracket is out of line slightly. When you place a screw in the bracket to secure it to the case, you pull the rear part of the card out of the slot (making it a non-usable device).
    I have encountered this more than once before where the case dimentions were wrong and ended up using washers UNDER the standoffs(not touching the mobo) to raise the mobo a bit.
    athlon xp-m@2456mhz(12x204)
    tt aquariusII liquid cooled/ arctic silver ceramique
    asus a7n8xe-dlx
    thermaltake xaserIII lanfire
    bfg 6800gt
    seagate sataII 250gb/seagate 7200rpm 160gb ide
    samsung dvdrw
    2x1024 kingston hyper-x pc3200/ windows xp pro sp3
    logitech mx518/ logitech wingman rumble
    2x samsung 955df 19"/ canon i960
    creative x-fi fatal1ty 64mb/ altec lansing 251-5.1
    mushkin 550w

opteron 146 @ 2850 (10x285)
    DFI infinity nf4 ultra
    thermaltake tsunami dream -black
    seagate sataII 500gb
    evga 8600gt oc ssc edition
    samsung sata dvd-rw
    2x1024 ocz black
    logitech ifeel/ nec accusync 75f
    ocz fatal1ty 550w

Have you cleared the CMOS?

Thanks, for advice all, will try all this when i get in from work later tonight and will let you know how it goes!!, One quick question tho, how do i clear the CMOS and what does it do???
    My PC
    P4 1.4Ghz, 256MB RAM
    WD 80GB HDD PRIM, 20GB HDD SEC
    WINXP Pro
    Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB Color Power

Your mainboard manual will have the necessary directions for your particular model as this can vary and its usually at or near the begining of the BIOS chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by tranceboy
    Apologies to mods if in wrong forum!!!, I am building myself a new system from scratch with a ASUS SK8V mobo 1GB RAM (2x512mb sticks) 500 watt PSU and 2 serial ATA drives, and two pioneer DVD writers, each DVD drive is in a separate IDE channel and all the connections are good to all drives and cards, im now trying to boot the system for the first time, the CPU (AMD FX53) cooling fan starts and the cooling fan on the geforce 6800 all start up, there are no nasty sounding beeps or anything, and everything seems ok, however when i plug my VGA connector to monitor i get an error sayin "no input signal" The geforce does not have a VGA connector but a DVI and a gender adapter for changin it to VGA which i am using, the system has no OS installed and i connected the additional power connectors to the geforce. I am totally stumped on what the problem is??, i suspect the graphics card but as this is my first "new build" i am unsure what to do, can anyone offer me any advice???

Altho there is no OS or drivers for the Gefrorce installed i expected to at leat see a bios boot screen?!?!?!?

All help\advice gratefully recieved!!!
    are u saying ur plugging in the monitor while the system is turned off?
    ATI Radeon X800XL | AMD XP2800 | Nvidia Nforce 2 M7NCD | Corsair Twinx1024XL 1024mb RAM | Sea Gate ST3120022A 7200 RPM 120 gig Hard Drive | Audigy2 ZS

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglee
    are u saying ur plugging in the monitor while the system is turned off?
    If you would read his post better you would know that that's a not-so-smart remark.

Clearing CMOS resets all your settings in the bios to fail-safe settings.

Something similar to this happened to me. I had just built my system, first bootup. Nothing was going on my screen. My monitor wouldn't even act like it was plugged into the VGA, IDE devices weren't working (CDroms wouldn't open/close) etc... Turned out it was the 12v on my PSU. Go figure... I RMA'd it and had to pay shipping (adalkjsdf).
    -Michael Stanley

System: Intel Pentium4 3.0E; ASUS P4P800SE; 1Gb DDR-400(dual-channel) PC3200; ATi Radeon X800Pro 256mb; SBAudigy2 ZS; Dual Maxtor 60Gb on SATA Raid 0; 12Gb download HDD; CD-RW (56x32x56x); DVD-R; Thermaltake XaserIII case; Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 5.1 Dolby Digital Speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    If you would read his post better you would know that that's a not-so-smart remark.
    to me it sounds like he's plugging it in when its already on
    ATI Radeon X800XL | AMD XP2800 | Nvidia Nforce 2 M7NCD | Corsair Twinx1024XL 1024mb RAM | Sea Gate ST3120022A 7200 RPM 120 gig Hard Drive | Audigy2 ZS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information