Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 9600 pro to xt?

Default 9600 pro to xt?

Is it possible to flash the 9600 pro to a xt? And, I was looking at the specs at ati.com, and it shows that the memory speed for pro and xt are the same (300 mhz ddr), but the pro core is clocked at 400 while the xt is clocked at 500.

Since they are the same core, would it be too difficult to get it to 500? I would imagine I would have to do some volt mods to get the extra power, but Newegg has a refubished 9600 pro for less then 100 bucks, and would be a good addition to a mid range system I'm putting together.

Default Re: 9600 pro to xt?

I highly doubt that you can flash it, since pro uses different silicon compared to xt, also the chips are slightly different. I never heard any try to flash a pro to xt for 96. So i wouldnt reconmended.

K, thanks, I wasn't really sure where to look, or if it could be done, so I asked here.

Thanks again.

It's possible that you could get a 9600 XT clocked at Pro speeds and labled Pro, but that's not very likely. It's common to see the hardware from a 9800XT on a 9800 Pro (meaing flashability is likely), but I haven't heard of the same happening with 9600 series cards.

Thread Information