Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm looking for your opinion on my New System.

Default Re: I'm looking for your opinion on my New System.

I don't see the option for the tRAS in there, maybe I need to look again. Below is what I found, bold numbers are the values present when I disable set timings by SPD. (I think that means disable auto timings).

DRAM CAS Latency 2 2.5 3
    DRAM RAS# Precharge 4 3 2
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay 4 3 2
    DRAM Precharge Delay 8 7 6 5
    DRAM Burst Length 3 4

So if I make changes what should I change? CPUZ and SiSoft Sandra tell me my memory is 3-4-4-8. I can't tell in teh bios because its currenty under some form of auto setting.

P.S. My temps after playing two hours of FARCRY today where 47C/119F for the CPU and 25C/77F for the motherboard. Isn't that fairly cool? Assuming the ASUS Hardware monitor is accurate.

If those are your choices, then it appears your board doesn't give good support for higher tRAS latencies.

If you are having video problems, it's possible that your board has no PCI/AGP lock. If this is true, then you will need to stop here. Someone else can comment on that specific board as I've never follower socket 462 boards.

Those are decent tempts. What is the CPU temp when you first start the computer after it has been inactive or not doing much (the idle temps, in other words?).

The CPU is 36C/98F

The Motherboard is 22C/71F.

It's cool down here where I have my computer, that may contribute a little to the cooler temps.

I might try to go higher, I haven't had any video probs since that level, I think maybe it was just a certain texture that ATI doesn;t render properly. I think this game was designed for nvidia chipsets.

If my mother board has no AGP lock, that means that when my FSB / Frequency gets increased the AGP does as well? What does that do to the AGP card?

It's basically overclocking the AGP bus. This does nothing for performance, but it can cause problems. An AGP bus will not overclock very far and be stable. It can mean higher temperatures on the card, which will mean artifacts. An ATI card should play any game an nVidia card will without problems. But for all I know, it has a working PCI/AGP lock. Your CPU and system temps certainly aren't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dberladyn
    If my mother board has no AGP lock, that means that when my FSB / Frequency gets increased the AGP does as well? What does that do to the AGP card?
    I take it that your mainboard is a P4C800-E Deluxe (you stated a PC800-E Dx to which no info can be found)?
    If so then in the BIOS under the Advanced tab change the AGP/PCI Frequency from Auto to 66.66/33.33 and that will lock those buses at spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    If you can get an MSI K8N Neo Platinum 2 and Athlon 64 3500, those would be good replacements. It will be a bit over $500 Canadian, though...

After that, get some super cooling and overclock the processor. You buy PC4000 RAM for overclocking. It performs poorly at PC3200 speeds because of poor latencies.
    At the MSI website it says the max ram its compatible with is PC3200, Its warns you that the use of pc4000 ram may not work in the mobo.
    Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.4 ghz
    Thermalright XP-90
    MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
    1 gig Crucial BallistixPC3200
    BFG 6800 Ultra OC

That's because it's not an accepted standard. I doubt any motherboards will guarantee that RAM will run at PC4000 speeds even if it's rated to. In any case, the MSI K8N Neo Platinum will work with PC4000 RAM. It's been tested to several times at Anandtech and other web sites. Any motherboard will overclocking features that work should run RAM at PC4000 speeds and higher.

dberladyn, that Asus p4 c800 deluxe E you've got.. if thats what it is... is a a great audio recording mother board.it's become a bit of a industry standard in the recording d.a.w world.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information