Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do I improve vooodoo3 3000 FPS?

With respect, why the hell would you keep a voodoo graphics card anyway?? Nvidia graphics cards are cheap and far superior nowadays. Its a bit like hanging on to an old XT PC, just because of the memories..... Move with the times, trade in and move up. 3DFX have had their day, and unfortuantely, lost out to Nvidia. Pitty, as the competition was good.:afro:
    Big Hairy Jimbo
    1.4 Gig AMD Thunderbird
    1 Gig DDR RAM
    45 Gig HD
    GeForce2 GTS
    19 inch male status symbol

Whoa Whoa Whoa, hold on fellas.

I have a V3 3000 and i am running Win2k just fine! Well i do have a 1.2 Thundy and 256 ddr, but that is beside the point :D
    For the V3 it all depends on your proc, they are really proc dependant, and what mode you are running in, if it is OpenGL you need to get the MiniGL drivers, which can be a pain i know. Let me know if you need any help doing that, and oh yeah the V3s are easy to overclock if ya got some cooling that can boost fps quite a bit...ahh...the game also matters, like what kind of modes it likes to run in and once you find out there should be tons of tweaks you can do in the console. Let me know the specifics about your card and ill try and help you best i can!

:p

3DFX was the original 3D. Sure nVidia are popular now, but who will the history books remember? The pioneer of 3D graphics for PCs, or a company that belches out sucessive generations of crap every 6months?

My next upgrade will be ATI
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Quote Originally Posted by Big Hairy Jimbo
    With respect, why the hell would you keep a voodoo graphics card anyway?? Nvidia graphics cards are cheap and far superior nowadays. Its a bit like hanging on to an old XT PC, just because of the memories..... Move with the times, trade in and move up. 3DFX have had their day, and unfortuantely, lost out to Nvidia. Pitty, as the competition was good.:afro:
    It's called a "budget" Big Hairy Jimbo - If I can ever get that upgraded, it'll be Look out GPU - Here I come.

Till then, well - a poor man has poor ways:laugh:

Of course if you fella's wanna' pass around the hat................
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx
    3DFX was the original 3D. Sure nVidia are popular now, but who will the history books remember? The pioneer of 3D graphics for PCs, or a company that belches out sucessive generations of crap every 6months?

My next upgrade will be ATI

Onyx,
    If nVidia was "Crap", then I would wholeheartedly agree with your statement, but the fact of the matter is that not only is it the best GPU on the market, it also has by far the best driver support in the industry.

Besides, how many other graphics manufacturers do you know of who can even ATTEMPT to put out a new product every six months?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Well, nVidia may be the best - but they're just about the ONLY ones in the market at the moment. ATI has only begun serious competition with their current offerings.

And if they're so good - why the need for new set of driver updates every 2 weeks?!

They won market share with the original Geforce, drove all competitors out of the market... and now pretty much dominate as a monopoly. If it were any other industry, nobody would like them so much. Look at the hatred towards Microsoft as an example.
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Unless your dead set on keeping that card, I would definitely go for a Geforce 2/3. If for no other reason than the support.
    Athlon 1600+ XP
    Dragon Orb CPU Cooler
    Shuttle AK31 V3.1
    512 MB PC2100
    PNY Verto GeForce 3 Ti 200,64mb
    ADSL
    50X CD
    24x10x40 CD ReWriter

Totally agreed. I still have my Voodoo 3 and was getting way above 30FPS in 1024x768x16 under 2k and XP. However, 3dfx has been gone for almost a year now, and it's time to move on to a more capable card.
    It's better just to get a new graphics card, son. Move along, nothing to see here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information