Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I improve vooodoo3 3000 FPS?

Well, recently i changed my os to win2k and it seems that i have lost the performance from using win98 with voodoo3 3000. i have downloaded the lastest driver but it doesn't seem to be the same. on win98 i used to get 71 fps but after switching to win2k i got stuck around 30 fps....help needed

Generally it has been noted that Win 2K is just not up to par with Win 98 when it comes to gaming.
    You could try tweak utilities and registry hacks, but you are not likely to equal the FPS you had before. Should be able to increase it some though.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

:laugh: :laugh: where'd ya get that "spelling inspected......"

oh oh oh, im lol'g so hard i can't see the k/b.

C ya got the for the week....... :thumb:
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

and pop in to the pile of caca I created...... bring that sig with ya.

Talk about a show stopper.......:laugh: :laugh: you swoop us all.....:thumb:
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

might be a good time to take advantage of NVidia's trade in program for Voodoo 3/4/5 owners.. I think they give you like $30 off on the purchase of a Geforce 2/3 card.. It might be US only promotion but I remeber seeing it somewhere online..

wait here it is: http://www.pny.com/home/products/get_verto.cfm

If you're dead keen on holding onto that Voodoo 3 (like me!) try searching for the HSR (hidden surface removal) registry hack. It's a feature off the Voodoo 5 drivers (which are compatible with the VD3 by the way), but I seem to recall when 3dfx existed, there was a hack that made it available to VD3 users. I tried it, and got 10-15FPS extra. But since then, I've had to reinstall windows and everything a coupla times, and so couldn't be bothered as it wasn't that much of a difference....
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

Onyx - thanks for the info:thumb:
    I'd be for giving that a try when I track it down.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Soz I couldn't be more specific as to where to find it... Try all these hardware sites - it's bound to come up. ;)
    Onyx

TweakTown
    OCAU - Overclockers Australia
    CPF - CandlePower Forums

Antec 1080AMG with 430W TruePower

It appears Voodoo Files has some promising looking 3rd party drivers.

Some do have HSR incorporated. There you can find drivers for ME, Win2K and XP also.
    I've got a couple DL'd, but won't get around to testing for a while due to my personal commitment to UD.

If anyone has any experience with any of these 3rd party drivers for the 3DFX 3 3000 under Win 98 SE I'd sure appreciate hearing about it. :?:

I have a voodoo 3 2000.... using the beta drivers with HSR is fine, jsut make sure you already have an existing copy of 3dfxman etc installed cos the third part drivers dont include them... ive never been able to get win2k/xp drivers for the v3 working, so im going to geforce 3 next wednesday :)
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information