Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Pci-e

Default Pci-e

Can i plug in a x700 ati on a A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo. and if so do i loose any performance?
    If the bass is to hard, you are to weak!! 8)

Default Re: Pci-e

No, you can't. The A7N8X-E has an AGP slot and not PCI-E slot. You wouldn't gain or lose much, if any performance from using a PCI-E card even if you could in this case. If you're looking for a good card for an Athlon XP system, a Radeon 9800 Pro or GeForce 6800 would be good choices.

Actually, the Athlon XP system would bottleneck the 6800 a little bit.

Depends on the application... An FX-55 will bottleneck a 6800 in certain games (very few, though).

May i ask exactly what a bottleneck is?
    "Alex : As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred." Clockwork Orange

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../clockwork.jpg

An easy example of a bottleneck in reality would be moving from a four lane highway to a two lane highway, if it is very busy you will get slower movement though that part of the highway. In computers (in this case the video card) a certain peice of hardware cant handle all of the information flowing through it. So the computer must wait for the information to pass through that hardware, that is why it is sometimes better to do a RAM and video card upgarde rather than a whole pc rebuild.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

ahh i see. So take a MSI K7N2 Delta-L mo bo and a AMD Athlon XP 2700 or 2800 and put on a 6800 GT or Ultra and that would bottleneck some performance?
    "Alex : As an unmuddied lake, Fred. As clear as an azure sky of deepest summer. You can rely on me, Fred." Clockwork Orange

Yeah, the 2700 would be a bottleneck. Although that's a better scenario than having an Athlon FX-55 with a Radeon 9200, as the graphics card wouldn't be limiting you.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Lander
    Yeah, the 2700 would be a bottleneck. Although that's a better scenario than having an Athlon FX-55 with a Radeon 9200, as the graphics card wouldn't be limiting you.
    kk makes perfect sense now!

Thread Information