Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OpenGL problem.

Default Re: OpenGL problem.

1/. It seems to me you are trying to do something your card is not capable of supporting.

2/. you also seem to be short on facts ...quote "I had that Catalyst thing downloaded," unquote and you failed to answer joe's question what are the minimum specs for Counterstrike with regard to gfx cards

If your card is under the spec of course it wont run the game.

p.s. your spelling needs work too lmao
    E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Counter-Strike is based on the Quake II engine; a Radeon 7000 is well over the minimum specs. In fact, You can play Half-Life 2/CS:S on it, though it'll run in DX7 mode and look a lot like Half-Life/CS.

Anyway, if it ran for thirty minutes with the latest Catalysts and then failed, I'd say something other than video card drivers is your problem. Bad drivers won't cause it to stop working after half an hour. Sounds like just a bug in CS itself, as the game is very prone to crashing, especially with the older versions.

1/.It seems to me you are trying to do something your card is not capable of supporting.
    please explain to me what your trying to say. cause im kinda lost. CS requires a 4MB video card. so im wondring why a 64 MB cant support it but a 4MB can?

2/. you also seem to be short on facts ...quote "I had that Catalyst thing downloaded," unquote and you failed to answer joe's question what are the minimum specs for Counterstrike with regard to gfx cards
    - well I had the newest version, 5.1 i belive it is.

- and as for joe.

System Requirements
    <!-- Invalid object reference game.platform.name
    -->
    Minimum PC Requirements:
    Pentium 200MHz with Direct 3D accelerator card or Pentium® II 233MHz without Direct 3D accelerator card
    Windows® 95/98
    32MB RAM
    400MB hard drive space
    4MB video card or better
    Windows-compatible sound device
    4x CD-ROM
    Additional Requirements: DirectX® 7.0a
    Mouse
    Keyboard

Anyway, if it ran for thirty minutes with the latest Catalysts and then failed, I'd say something other than video card drivers is your problem. Bad drivers won't cause it to stop working after half an hour. Sounds like just a bug in CS itself, as the game is very prone to crashing, especially with the older versions.
    ahhh ok. thanks for the input.

I was acuatly thinking about buying Source, but i wasent sure if the card would work.

I mabay it could just be a bug in the old version. i may buy it.

If anyone else has anything to say, please fell free to do so.

If you don't mine turning the graphics settings way down, you could go and buy HL2/CS:S. Not only is CS:S better anyway (in [i]many[i] more ways than graphically), but buying them entitles you to Valve's entire back-catalog, meaning CS 1.6, 1.5 (if you don't want to use Steam, online CS 1.5 play was still supported and common last time I checked), and CS:CZ. I can't guarantee that will fix the crashing, but if it doesn't occur in CS:S then we know for sure it's just a CS problem and you wouldn't care at that point, anyway (like I said, Source is much better in many ways).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information