Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: x850xt or 6800 ultra

Default x850xt or 6800 ultra

Hi guys
    Right im buying a new computer in the next few weeks.and i,m wondering what graphics card i should get.im into games so im looking for the best.I,ve been looking at x850xt and 6800 ultra,but not sure which one to purchase.These are the items i have chosen

Asus a8n sli nforce4 deluxe motherboard
    Amd 64 3800 socek 939
    Samsung 19" tft sm913n(8ms)
    Asus6800 ultra
    Connect x850xt

I know im buying a sli board so i should probably stick with the 6800ultra,but i just wanted to know what you guys thought,also is the amd 64 3800 the better proccesor to go for then lga775 pentium when it comes to games.
    Last edited by pommiebo; 05-08-2005 at 05:48 PM.

Default Re: x850xt or 6800 ultra

AMD is a good deal better where gaming is concerned so stick with that choice. As to the video card issue, ATI is getting ready to introduce to the world their own SLI supportable boards soon so you will have more than one choice. BUT... it is still a new step for them and may take a revision or two for everything to run smoothly. I've heard good things about it from the little bit of press that has come out so far, but it is still a new technology and past trends show that it usually takes a little time after it hits retail to get the bugs worked out.

So it really comes down to being your choice, but both cards are awesome. If you have plans on SLI in the near future, though, you might want to stick with the nVidia line for the time being.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thx for the info darth.Could you please tell me whats the difference between a 130nm and a 90nm 3800 proccesor,and would i know the difference in proformance.

You woudn't know the difference in performance. I believe the 90nm would run cooler and consume less power though.

Thx arjun for the info mate.

Thread Information