Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winfast A400 GT problem

Question Winfast A400 GT problem

Hi,

I have got a Leadtek WinFast A400gt TDH today. I have installed it and installed the driver but it is giving me grief. When I ran 3dMark's and Battlefield 2 (not tried anything else yet) I get graphical problems. I have huge lines all over the screen, where the game should normally be. I took a screenshot of Battlefield 2:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...an/Strange.jpg

This happens with the driver the card came with, the latest Nvidia driver and the latest one from the Leadtek website.

Any Ideas?

Default Re: Winfast A400 GT problem

Double check to make sure the video board isn't overclocked. When you find out it isn't, RMA the board or return it to where you bought it to have it replaced.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks for the reply,

how do I find out if it is overclocked? What does RMA it mean? So many questions!!

I bought it from www.overclockers.co.uk so it is knackered I can replace it.

Thanks

There are any number of overclocking utilities that will tell you the speeds of the core and memory. Just make sure it is running at the speed it is supposed to be running at and not faster by a good deal. This will likely be the case since you say it is new. High overclocking can cause artifacts when the board can't keep up with the speeds it is trying to run at.

RMA is an acronym for Return Material Authorization. If you can't get an exchange from the place you bought it, this is what you'll need to ask the manufacturer for. It is the company's permission to return the product, usually for a replacement of a defective component.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I had this problem, with my BFG 6800GT, when I used windows overclocking utilities to adjust voltages to my CPU and RAM, if you have any overclocking in windows shut that program off and OC using bios if possable, also the power supply may have something to do with it...
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

I have nothing overclocked on my system, and I have a 350w psu when Nvidia recomends only a 300w psu. I have sent it back and hopefully they will say it is the card's fault, not my system's.

Thanks

I can safely say that it is probably be the PSU, I had a 420W PSU And I couldent get it stable with the 6800GT it all depends on the quality of the Power Supply. I now have a 520W wich may not seem like a big upgrade but it is because the quality is a lot better and more efficient, which means more power and less heat.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Another things would be that while you were installing the card you may have dislodged the card's cooling or that your case doesn't have enough airflow to provide enough cool air for it.

I dont think its a cooling problem, because when I installed it a second time I didnt put the case back on because I couldn't be bothered, so the whole side of the tower was open, and it happened instantly, before it got a chance to get warm.

I've asked around and some people say the PSU is fine, some say its the problem, some say its busted memory on the card casuing the problem. Too much scare mongering!!!

I'll just wait and see what the shop says when they test it.....

Personally I'd have gone with a 420+W PSU but not knowing the rest of your system I can't really say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information