Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nVidia vs ATi

Default nVidia vs ATi

Hi guys

I live in Mexico and I found this store that gives resonable prices and I found this two graphic cards, ones a VIDEO CARD POWER COLOR RADEON 9600PRO AGP 256 MB and the other one is a VIDEO CARD GIGABYTE NVIDIA GeFORCE FX-5500 256 MB AGP 8X.

The ATi is like about 1300 pesos, and the nVidia is about like 1000 pesos, and I dont know what to get, I would like to know the pros and cons of each card. And I heard nVidia makes better cards, so you think I shuld go to another place and look or buy those ones.

*one dollar is like 11 pesos

I hope you guys can help me

Default Re: nVidia vs ATi

The ATI card will perform better and run more games. It's as simple as that. It's worth the extra price. I wouldn't get the 5500 under any circumstances, because it won't run some newer games and it doesn't perform very well.

How much is a x700 for you? or a 6600? or a 6800? Go with what YAWG suggested.

Unless you could get/afford a Nvidia 6600, I would say go with the ATI 9600. It will easily outperform the 5500. Look for an ATI 9800 PRO 128MB too. Prices are coming down and they are getting very affordable and they are still considered fast.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

The problem that those two video cards that their the best that the store haves, and Like I heard nVidia has better sopport, I wanted a nVidia

Well, those nvidia cards you have there just suck. They weren't even really good for their time. Go with the ATI. They both offer the same support. Your card breaks, you send it back, they give you a new one. Go with the ATI.

The main thing is that the ATI 9600 will dominate the Nvidia 5500. And I mean DOMINATE!!! You will be very dissapointed if you get that 5500 over the ATI 9600. And it really depends on which company makes the Nvidia card. EVGA has the best customer service.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

But what about driver sopport, 'cause I heard that the new operating system "Windows Vista" is coming soon

Windows Vista i heard was a system hog, 256 mb just for system idle i think, (i am saying it from memory from the article i read so dont get on my ass), also the graphics render well heavly stress the gpu. So don't worry about Vista, cause what your upgrading now probably is THE BARE minimum for vista and it won't run that good. Stick with XP for now. By the way, driver support for both cards are equivalent, as for customer service it depends on the company you buy the card from. You should go with the 9600 like everyone is reconmending...

I recommend slate and chalk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information