Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Having Problems With 7800 gtx

Default Having Problems With 7800 gtx

Well I'm having problems in condition zero. In the game, it stutters now and then. Everything at one point to another is smooth with no lagg, then the game will stutter for 2 seconds randomly. I'm not sure what the issue is, I'm thinking its most likely driver related. Anyone recommend older drivers that have no problems?
    System specs
    x2 3800+ at 2.2ghz
    7800gtx 256mb
    asus sli premium
    antec truepower 550 watt
    2 gigs ocz plat. ram 2 sticks of 1 gig

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by RemixPinoY; 09-22-2005 at 03:23 PM.

Default Re: Having Problems With 7800 gtx

Uninstall your video card drivers, then chipset drivers. Then, install the latest chipset drivers, followed by the latest video card drivers. Reboots are a must between each uninstallation and reinstallation. This will pretty much ensure it's not driver-related. You should also have Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or 2 OR Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4, as well as DirectX 9.0c.

Also, if you have too many background programs running, that can cause the problem. Given that you have two CPU cores and 2GB of RAM, this is unlikely, but still possible.

If you're talking about online play, then it's probably just lag. Try using a faster server, and make sure your Internet connection isn't being used by anything else. Check your latencty in-game and see what is. Anything below 100 is acceptable, and probably won't get you this sort of lag. Anything below 50 is optimal, and there's no way in hell you'd lag unless the server had a random lag spike for whatever reason

Thread Information