Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

Default SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

I bought a new computer and got the Nforce4 SLi Gigabyte mobo. As soon as i got the computer, i put my 2 geforce 6600's by bfg in it. Now, these cards dont actually utilize the SLi chip itself (the chip that bridges the 2 cards) but they are SLi capable. My question, is essentially how do i enable the SLi...i checked my bios and couldnt find anything there...updated the drivers for the graphics cards as well and couldnt find it in the options there. maybe its quite simple, and theres some easy way to do this that i am completely overlooking, but it seems to be giving me a run for my money. Also, i checked the cd they gave me with the gigabyte board for any type of SLi supporting features, and found nothing really. So any helpful information regarding this would be nice. Thanks!

Default Re: SLi issues w/ 6600 BFG

There is probably a sellector card on the motherboard between the two PCI-E 16x slots. You need to flip this card in order to split the 16 pipelines between the two slots. After you boot into windows you should be automaticly greeted with a message asking you if you want to turn on SLI and set your options.

If you have an auto switching motherboard then you might have a problem.

I cant really help unless I know the exact model of the motherboard, give me that and I can help you a lot better, with the bois aswell.
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

<tt>GIGABYTE K8N-PRO SLI NF4 939PIN</tt></pre>

anyone have an answer?

the best answer i have found so far is this-
    "...you will need to reinstall the connector card on the motherboard so that the “dual video” side is inserted into the connector slot. In its default configuration it is set for Single Video Card operation. Turning it around enables SLI and sets both PCI-Express ports to PCI-E X8 operation."
    here is a pic of what im supposed to be looking at, but i dont understand what exactly i am supposed to do...please explain someone!
    http://www.hardocp.com/image.html?im...NfMl8yX2wuanBn

figured it out

Thread Information