Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with BF2 performane

Default Re: Need some help with BF2 performane

Well how many running processors are there when you open up Task Manager? More importantly, what's your commit charge when you open up Task Manager?

16 processes and 141m commit charge.
    ATI Radeon X800XL | AMD XP2800 | Nvidia Nforce 2 M7NCD | Corsair Twinx1024XL 1024mb RAM | Sea Gate ST3120022A 7200 RPM 120 gig Hard Drive | Audigy2 ZS

It could be the RAM usage. I suppose 141mb isn't that bad, but I have less than 100MB when I start up BF2, and it's incredibly RAM-hungry. Then again, I also have less RAM than you. Also, 16 processes isn't bad at all. I'll have 11 running before I game (counting Task Manager).

I guess the last thing I haven't mentioned is overclocking. I don't remember, but there's a good chance I was overclocking before I played back when I was still using my 9800 Pro. I don't think I was, but it's a possibility.

Here's a thought: I turned off the software AA and turned on my hardware AA. That helped reduce some lag. Try completely turning off the AA and using your hardware AF (anisotropic filtering) around 4 or 8x. I've used modified drivers for ATI, I think they were NGO, and that helped a bit.

i have a 3.2 ghz omputer overclocked to 3.62 and 1 gb ram 202gb hard drive the x800xl and it laggs a little during BF2 and how do i turn AA AND AF ON

I was going to suggest that it might not all be a graphics cards issue....you might be a bit underpowered in the CPU department for the card...

You can put the best card in the world in but it won't perform if the cpu and ram is not up to the task as well...it is a matter of balance especially in the latest demanding games...and BF2 is certainly one of them....in your case your card might be fine but is waiting around for the CPU to catch up......

I know my p4 (even o/c from 2.8 to 3.49) is the bottleneck with mine...the graphics card is fine (unlocked and o/c 6800).

You could test it by running a graphics benchmark (say 3d03) at stock cpu speed and again with the cpu overclocked...if you get a noticeable difference it is not the card but the cpu holding you back.

Just a thought
    The older I get...the better I was

IF it lags alittle why would you want to turn on AA and AF. AF is texture filtering in bf2 video settings and AA i think is listed as AA in bf2 video settings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information