Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Laptop Video Card

Default Laptop Video Card

Here's my deal:

I've got an HP Pavilion ZV6000 laptop with AMD 64 3500+, 512 RAM, all the works. Inside is a 128 MB ATI Radeon Express 200M (I'm not sure if it has Hypermemory). My question is can I upgrade my video card, because playing games like Call of Duty 2, BF: Vietnam, and other intense games cause me to jerk on higher video settings. On CoD2, i have to have my resolution on 600x800, no antriscopic filtering, DX7; pretty much all the graphics turned on low. I had heard that the ZV5000 has an integrated video card and can't be changed, but can I change mine? If so, where could I get an upgrade?

I'd appreciate it if you could not only reply to this, but send a copy of your reply to Hawkens85@hotmail.com. I may not get to this board before the thread gets deleted. Thanks guys,

Phil

Default Re: Laptop Video Card

I may be mistaken, but I believe the video you're talking about is built into the mainboard. Odds are good that the graphics adapter itself does not have any memory, it is using a Shared Memory architecture that sets aside a portion of your system memory to be used for the graphics.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information