Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: suggestions on what video card to buy.

Default Re: suggestions on what video card to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spongebob
    I agree that you can get by with a lower refresh using a LCD display and still make things look good but I disagree with you that an LCD display won't cause eye strain. They do.
    If an LCD causes you eye strain it's for a different reason. A CRT works very differently and by nature it will cause eye strain at low refresh rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgm0th
    If an LCD causes you eye strain it's for a different reason. A CRT works very differently and by nature it will cause eye strain at low refresh rates.

Both types do cuase eyestrain and I'm betting your right that it's for a different reason. I know constant light flickering is the main reason CRT displays cuase it but what exactly cuases a LCD display to give eyestain if flickering isn't the reason?

Eye strain varies from person to person. I get eye strains from my crt, but then again..thats because i play games for hours..

Quote Originally Posted by AsianBatman
    Eye strain varies from person to person. I get eye strains from my crt, but then again..thats because i play games for hours..

I'd bet the same thing would happen to you if you used a LCD display. If you could turn up the refresh rate on your CRT display to OVER 100Hz refresh rate it would help alot and probably cuase you less eye strain than that of a quality LCD display using that same game and playing the same amount of time in a room with the same lighting.

...i don't think you have seen my setup, i have both crt and lcd, one is for games (crt) and other for office stuff. both running at the same resolution and refresh rate of 75.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information