Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9600 Problem

Default Problem w/ Radeon 9600

Every time I am playing a game after aprox 30-120min(random) the game will crash on me and I recieve a message saying "VPU has reset your graphics card as it was no longer responding to driver commands"

I've got updated drivers from the ATi website yet it still happens, I might have gotten the incorrect drivers so a link would be good just in case, but im pretty sure I got the right ones. I am running WinXP. Games that have had problems are Dungeon Seige, Dungeon Siege 2 and Counter-Strike-Condition Zero.

GC - ATI Radeon AGP 9600 258MB (400Mhz) - Using CATALYST Control Center

Other specs...

Athlon 64 3200 (Winchester)

Motherboard - Gigabyte Tech nForce3 250

RAM - Kingston Dual Channel (2x512MB) (200MHz ech)
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 12-29-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Default Re: Radeon 9600 Problem

Please post the rest of your system specs. Are you using the Control Panel or Control Center?

9600xt ? 128 or 256mb ?

Added Information above.

Uninstall the drivers, reboot, then install the latest Cats with Control Panel and reboot once more.

Check the Control Panel and see if Fastwrites are on as well as VPU recover. Try it with and without VPU recover. Without, it might just crash the system instead of giving you the message, but it also might fix the problem entirely.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 12-29-2005 at 01:48 PM.

I can only seem to find the Control Center package is there a difference from Control Panel?, Wanna make sure before I delete and reinstall.

I did what you said and deleted ,rebooted and reinstalled the drivers, during the setup however I recieved a "Zero Display Service Error" I clicked ok and the installation continued and seemed to finish ok, was wondering what the meant and if it might have had something to to with the problem im having.

Looks like ATI has removed the Control Panel with the latest batch. That sucks, but it's not related to your problem.

Do you have the latest version of the .Net framework from MS?

Like I said, are VPU Recover and Fast Writes on in the Control Center? Try it with Fast Writes off if they're on. Same with VPU Recover. Fast Writes is supposed to speed things up, but often causes problems, particularly with 9600 IIRC. VPU Recover is supposed to prevent the system from crashing when it has problems, but it can actually cause the problems once in a while. Try with each one off.

Go to ati website they will give you 2 choices of drivers cp and cc, when i had my 9600xt i had cc going.

Quote Originally Posted by iviuz
    Go to ati website they will give you 2 choices of drivers cp and cc, when i had my 9600xt i had cc going.
    No it doesn't. Do you think I was just making it up when I said it had been removed?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information