Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: X850XT PCI-E DIP switch?

Question X850XT PCI-E DIP switch?

I've been the proud owner of a Sapphire X850XT for about 8 months or so, and the other day I pulled it out to clean the dust off of the heatsink when I noticed a couple of very small DIP switches on the back of the board right next the the PCI-E connector. Any clues as to what they control?

Default Re: X850XT PCI-E DIP switch?

The one I reviewed was AGP flavor. Do youhave a picture of the switches? Are there any marking on the PCB indicating what they might do?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I just took a couple of close-ups of the switch. I'm attaching one of them. I did try tracing the lines in the PCB from the switch, but they just lead to a nearby
    transistor (i think?) of some sort. I'm no electrician, though, so I couldn't tell ya. As far as any like written words or charts like you usually see on MOBO's, I didn't find anything. perhaps the pic'll provide some insight.
    Quick sidenote: There was a piece of thin tape placed over the switches that I removed last night, so obviously Sapphire didn't want anyone tampering with them. But I'm thinking: overclocking aide perhaps?
    Attached Images Attached Images X850XT PCI-E DIP switch?-dip-switch-2-jpg 
    Last edited by Sektor-C; 02-02-2006 at 12:40 AM.

I'm doubtful about the "overclocking aid" since it is a Sapphire board. These folks are generally pretty straightforward with their overclocking toys. I've seen some other boards that have jumpers for NTSC/PAL/SECAM, but this doesn't look to be associated with this. I'm not sure, but if I can find anything I'll post the results.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thanks in advance

Thread Information