Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help chooseing new gfx card

Talking Re: Help chooseing new gfx card

Quote Originally Posted by mirado.kelly
    I can understand them haveing stock, but what I cannot understand is how the image does not match any of the Radeon 9600 Cards produced by sapphire. I have sent an email to the site to straighten this out.

Thanks.
    .u said need for speed underground understand me plz,grab a newer generation(like now 2006)nvidia card
    XFX GeForce 6200 / 256MB DDR2 / AGP 8x / DVI / VGA / TV Out / Video Card came out last month..

...$72.99 canadian money btw(your under budget)
    9600xt is over 4 years old,thats why u cant find any..

++++this is canadian version tigerdirect store price $72.99 buy this card plz below.. ...

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...&Sku=P450-8568

if u could grab a 9700 8 pipeline card,dude u would be set...
    http://www.spartantech.com/product.a...d=ATIR9700128A 9700 pro $71 23 in stock true 8 pipeline monster,they might ship to cad np...call them

Tech Support: (888) 300-7319

Local: (847) 364-9900
    Toll Free: (888) 393-0340

Reviews on 9700 killing 4600-4800ti let alone its older 9600xt that lost bad to the gf4200-4800 series til the 9700 came out...read below

http://www.ati.com/products/radeon97...o/reviews.html
    Motherboards.org
    "This is an award-winning card that tops the charts in the 3D arena and will make the die-hard Nvidia card fans shake their heads in wonder. This is a true gamers card and even the most skeptical of users will find themselves in a warm happy spot while using this card. Good job again ATI you now have control over the top of the line and entry-level gamers market a solid thumbs up to you!"

AnandTech.com
    "ATI hasn't slowed their pace at all in the two months since the Radeon 9700 Pro has been shipping to retailers. In those two months we witnessed the release of the Mobility Radeon 9000 and the launch of ATI's All in Wonder 9700 PRO."

SharkyExtreme.com
    "With this three-pronged attack, ATI has not only placed a highly competitive product next to every NVIDIA card, but have also answered the gamer's call to transition Radeon 9700, AGP 8X, DirectX 9 technology at more aggressive price points. There is no question that ATI is looking to offer a technically superior product at each buying segment, as well as allowing OEM manufacturers to have a few different options when offering ATI products".

FiringSquad.com
    "With today's product announcements, ATI has one strong lineup this holiday season. Radeon 9700 PRO already owns the high-end, and soon Radeon 9700 and Radeon 9500/9500 PRO will hit the mainstream segment. [...] who would have thought we'd have $200 DirectX 9 graphics cards so soon? It took eight months for Direct X 8 cards to reach that price point with the release of GeForce3 Ti200. ATI has accomplished this task for DirectX 9 in less than half that time. That's pretty remarkable task, and ATI deserves tons of credit for reaching this."

Rage3D.com
    "ATI is hitting every market segment with superb products. At the very top of the line is the Radeon 9700 PRO, along with the fully-packed multimedia AIW 9700 PRO board. The middle segment is filled by the Radeon 9700, Radeon 9500 PRO and Radeon 9500. All these boards are DirectX 9 compliant with great performance. Finally, the low end consists of the Radeon 9000 and Radeon 8500 video cards. Looks like a great selection for consumers!"

HardOCP.com
    "The ATi Radeon 9700 Pro is the best video card we have ever laid our hands on. ATi is going to be first to market with some very impressive technology and the gamers are sure to take notice. I think the benchmarks at 4XAA/16XAF speak for themselves. The image quality is nothing less than beautiful in both 2D and 3D. Then considering we already know it is going to be a powerhouse card that has the ability to run DOOM]|[ next year and you are almost guaranteed to have a nice long term upgrade for your hard-earned cash. I just don't see how the ATi Radeon 9700 Pro is going to leave you any way but satisfied.

Very good scaling across the board and the Radeon 9700 Pro simply blows the Ti4600 and Parhelia out of the water when the antialiasing and anisotropic filtering are turned on. What we found really surprising was the AMD 1.5 scores. Even with the CPU being 1GHz slower, the Radeon 9700 Pro still outpaces the Ti4600 by 100%.

The Radeon 9700 Pro delivers scores of over 10,000 3DMarks even at 1600x1200 resolution. That is simply amazing. What is even more incredible is the fact that even with the AA and AF turned on we still have benchmarks nearing the 10K threshold."

AnandTech.com
    "It has definitely been a while since we've been able to say that an ATI card has lived up to its expectations, but the Radeon 9700 Pro does live up to every last one of our expectations. The question truly ends up being, does it meet your expectations?
    There are three things that the Radeon 9700 Pro can offer at this point:
    1) The highest performance in current and future games.
    2) The ability to play at 1600x1200 in just about any game currently available or soon to be made available, and
    3) The ability to play virtually any game at 1024x768 with 4X AA and 16X anisotropic filtering enabled at smooth frame rates."

HotHardware.com
    "First and foremost, I don't think anyone can refute that ATi is firmly in the "driver's seat" with the release of the Radeon 9700 Pro. The benchmarks, testing and showcase that you have seen here today, clearly show that ATi's new flagship GPU is faster, more powerful and has better features and 3D quality than anything on the market, period. This is a bold statement to make for sure but after spending some quality time with this new graphics card, we can honestly say that it is the most impressive product we have seen in a long time, from any Graphics OEM. NVIDIA certainly has some catching up to do."

TomsHardware.com
    "The Radeon 9700 PRO proved to be superior in all possible categories, be it the framerate while the game was in progress, the triangle throughput, FSAA, anisotropic filtering, or pixel and vertex shader performance. NVIDIA's flagship trails the new champion in every discipline. And Matrox? In light of these results, the Parhelia looks even less attractive than before."

Beyond3d.com
    "The performance of the board is reasonably staggering in some cases in comparison to their previous generation and they have done this whilst introducing the most complex and feature rich chip on the market place today."

Extremetech.com
    "It's official. When we previewed ATI's new Radeon 9700 back in July, we could only give you relative performance numbers, not hard benchmark data. Now we've got the released product and real numbers, and they range from impressive to breathtaking.
    This time around, the brass ring clearly belongs to ATI. And while nVidia is never one to be counted out, the high-profile GPU maker finds itself in the uncomfortable position of looking squarely at its primary competitor's tail lights."

FiringSquad.com
    "As you've seen in the benchmarks, Radeon 9700 PRO brings new levels of performance to the desktop performance segment. Even with Radeon 9700's early drivers, GeForce4 Ti 4600 just isn't able to keep up! We were astounded at just how significant some of the margins are, especially in 3DMark 2001SE. And the best part is, as the Radeon 9700 PRO's drivers mature, performance will only go up from here."

Chip Online, Chip.de
    "ATI's brand new Radeon 9700 Pro dominates in all benchmarks - and outclasses the competition.
    ATI did everything right with the Radeon 9700 Pro: The new flagship can will all benchmarks. The board achieves best results and shines especially under highest 3D-strains: With 6x Multi-Sampling Anti-Aliasing and 16x anisotropic filtering in resolutions of 1280x1024 and 32bpp colour depth the card shows framerates in excess of 60 FPS - that is top.
    NVidias Quincunx looks - as you can see from the screenshots - worse (than ATI's 4X FSAA). The Fragment Anti-Aliasing of the Pharelhia-512 looks about the same."
    August, 2002

ZDNet.de
    "Radeon 9700 Pro sinks GeForce4
    That's the end of the fun for NVidia. Archenemy ATI took the Californians with the Radeon 9700 Pro by suprise. The adtvantage of the Radeon 9700 Pro over the GeForce4 TI 4600 is so large, that a direct comparison isn't worth it. In the Formula 1, NVidia wouldn't even qualify for the race.
    The Radeon 9700 Pro also shows how little innovative the GeForce4 is compared to the GeForce3. ATI on the other hand managed a quantum leap in the graphics chip technologie, setting new standards in 3D Performance and Video-quality."
    August 19, 2002

The Inquirer, the-inquirer.com
    "Right now, the Radeon 9700 PRO is the true king of the high end market. Geforce 4 TI 4600 is dethroned, and Nvidia has lost its performance crown"
    August 19, 2002
    Last edited by bf2nut; 04-13-2006 at 09:02 AM.
    Stacker830 Watercooled
    windows7 ultimate 64 bit!!!
    Heatkiller waterblock on intel 2500k @4.5Ghz @1.32volt
    8 gigs Gskill Ripjaw ddr3 2133 @ 1.5 volts
    Swiftech p655 pump,1\2 tygon
    13x120 sunnons on lamptron fc3 controller,
    (2)triple 120mm rads.single raptor 150(reliable)
    biostar TP67XE(this mobo is amazing)
    xfi-xtrememusic,klipsch ultras 5.1/500 watt amp,
    sen hd-595s headphones,logitech stick mic
    co0lermaster-1250 watt real pro powersupply = 99ampz!
    Evga Hydro Gtx 590 on 24"Sony FW-900 at 2304x1440 80 hz = 80 solid fps 16:10 black ops!
    Hi quality CRTS are built for gaming!!!O.L.E.D is the future,not Liquid Crap Displays(lcds)!

Default Re: Help chooseing new gfx card

Thanks all, you were a great help, ive been in contact with my main supplyer awaiting a responce. Hes gona check to see if he can get me any of these cards, since I dont buy online. Will keep you updated on what I buy.

It wont be the fx5200, thanks for pointing that out. Im hopeing for the 9600XT or the gf 6200.

There are just so many options. But ill let you know what he can get me.

I think you mean 9700 > 9600XT > 6200.

Quote Originally Posted by sr4470
    In performance terms, its 9700 < 9600XT < 6200. 3dmark makes the 6200 look fast, but its not the case in actual gaming.
    well i dont know for sure but i had a 6200 before i got the 6800gs man was that 6200 grate i could play all my games on high the only thing is shadows i had to turn that off in some games to play it smooth. Also like
    nfs most wanted: settings i played with:
    antialasing: 2x
    anastrophic filtering: 16x
    half shadows
    and the rest to max
    also i played fear with some maximum, high, and medium mixed together
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach
    AMD Athlon64 3700+ san diego 2.2ghz (oc to 2.8ghz FX57+ speeds)(fsb is 266)
    ASUS A8V Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro
    1gb ddr400 Kingston HyperX (2-3-2-6) timings 215mhz (dual-channel)
    BFG 6800gs 256mb agp, with ARCTIC COOLING AVC-NV5R3 NV Silencer Rev.3
    ATX Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
    Seagate sata 80gb harddrive
    Maxtor pata 80gb harddrive
    500watt Rosewill powersupply
    Sound Blaster Live 24-bit
    Custom Water cooling dual 120mm raddiator with a PolarFLO cpu block
    __________________________________________________ _______________

well im more with nvidia graphics but i dont mind using a ati i helped my friend a while back with getting a x700pro and that card was sweet but lol my agp 6200 with 4 pipes was right next to his 8pipe pci-e x700 pro but ya his x700pro was lil beter or the fact that he had a amd 64 3500+ and i had a amd athlon xp 3200+ anyway ati is ok
    but for his sake i would rather let him have a 6200 so he could use sm3.0 and windows vista in the future
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    Zach

the x700 is with the 6600 series right
    Zach

Ok thanks to all who helped in my desision, After alot of reading and considerations I bought the following:

Asus N6200/TD/128M Geforce 6200 for $69 CDN

I am very happy, it did however take a bit of driver play since it seemed that my onboard graphics was trying to interfere, but that problem is solved now.

I tryed NFS UG2 and Delta Force BHD so far and am very happy, seems much faster then the Radeon 9200SE, and I can enable antialiasing and Particle effects without slowness. With the Radon, I had to play all games on low, now I get beter graphics and good frame rates.

Im realy not a gamer, only ocasional, but this card works for me and im quite satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by mirado.kelly
    Im realy not a gamer, only ocasional, but this card works for me and im quite satisfied.
    Great to hear, have fun with your new graphics card ;)
    My Current Rigs:
    Antec P180, OCZ Powerstream 520W, DFI nF4 SLI-DR Expert, AMD X2 4400 w/XP120(2.6GHz@1.45v), 2x1GB OCZ Platnium PC3200, BFG 7900GT@592/800(1.6), WD 250GB SATA, Maxtor 120GB IDE, LG DVD/CD Combo(black), Sony DRU-810 DL DVD Burner(black)
    3DMark01:25379, 3DMark03:19746
    3DMark05:9294, 3DMark06:5340

Raidmax Cobra, Fortron PN-400W, ASUS A8N-E(nF4 Ultra), X2 3800 w/AMD heatpipe cooler, 2x 512MB Crucial Balistix, ATI X300, WD 250GB IDE, Samsung 16x DVD/RW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information