Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help pls on a graphics card problem :)

Default Re: Help pls on a graphics card problem :)

Quote Originally Posted by bf2nut
    i agree 100 %,and 1 gig is standerd now in bf2(they upped min specs 512 wont run it above low res)400 watt name brand (ocz,antec,pc power\cooling)p\s is a must for stability.but i have been accused of telling ppl that i tell them to spend to much money on things so i give up.

http://bf2hardware.sytes.net:6583/ read this plz and ram needs and bf2,i did not right this page .i copied it a while back in my favorites to help others.pci does not carry the bandwidth needed by such a demanding game such as bf2,but heh im a noob knows nothing hahaha you might like enemy territoy bro,its free and killer fast war game on any system.wow all these ads in here now...bleh sponsers..
    Battlefield 2 is not the only game i play so far i am playing cs:s its a great game :D but i am justs making sure that the 6200 will increase my gameplay and also my computer is a Canadien brand its a MDG Computer.

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    Basically you'll see little to almost no gain with upgrading as your biggest prob is the fact that you're using the PCI bus and both those cards are bottlenecked by it.

Personally I'd start looking into getting something with a PCI-E slot.
    well money is a problem here and also what do you mean when people say 'Bottlenecked'?

For one, never get an MGD again. As you have found out they are not upgradeable and a waste of money. You'd be better off building your own PC in the future as it is not as hard as it sounds. You could even get one custom build for you from a place like NCIX and get a really good upgradeable PC.

What he means by bottlenecked is that the PCI bus will prevent any increase in video card performance from helping your gameplay much. The PCI slot cannot deliver the information to the video card fast enough to make any read difference at all. It is barely worth it to upgrade and only do so if you have no plans on upgrading your system for awhile. Otherwise, save you money and plan a full system upgrade. I am also in Canada and can point you in the right direction as to where to get a good PC for a decent price. People outside of Canada have no idea how expensive PC parts are up here. I think only Australia has worse prices.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Quote Originally Posted by casecutter
    For one, never get an MGD again. As you have found out they are not upgradeable and a waste of money. You'd be better off building your own PC in the future as it is not as hard as it sounds. You could even get one custom build for you from a place like NCIX and get a really good upgradeable PC.

What he means by bottlenecked is that the PCI bus will prevent any increase in video card performance from helping your gameplay much. The PCI slot cannot deliver the information to the video card fast enough to make any read difference at all. It is barely worth it to upgrade and only do so if you have no plans on upgrading your system for awhile. Otherwise, save you money and plan a full system upgrade. I am also in Canada and can point you in the right direction as to where to get a good PC for a decent price. People outside of Canada have no idea how expensive PC parts are up here. I think only Australia has worse prices.
    thank you... i am not alone :P anyways i dont have any money on me so far... but later around december i am getting a new computer anyways (its a notebook/laptop for college) (Laptop = Dell M1710) and my old computer is going to be his, so there is no point of upgrading from a 5500 to a 6200?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information