Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: startup trouble with ATI Radeon x1600

Default Re: startup trouble with ATI Radeon x1600

after windows loaded i tried to install the software but it gives an error message after the driver installs saying "Zero Display Service Error". My computer recognizes that the ATi card is plugged in, i can see it in my device manager under Display Adapters there are two listings

Radeon X1600 Series (which has a yellow exclamation mark)
    Radeon X1600 Series Secondary

when i click on the Radeon x1600 series with the yellow exclamation mark it says...

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)
    If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

so right now the video card is plugged in but im still stuck with the VGA.
    Last edited by IHateMyComputer; 08-19-2006 at 08:23 AM.

disable the all other video things, like the nVidia drivers or whatever, or the VGA. I would assume that would help, but it may be some other problem.
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Talked to ATi today and i think ive figured out the problem, i need to update my BIOS, i have everything figured out i have the bios upgrade program on a floppy disc, i have bios guardian disabled and floppy as the the first thing to boot, but whenever i boot i tells me bios guardian is disabled to continue press space to enable bios guardian press g and i press space of course and then a few other quick thing show up and then my computer just boots up normally without me ever being able to run the update on the floppy, how do get time to run the program?

*NEVERMIND I FIXED IT FINALLY GOT THIS ***** RUNNINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN PEACE"
    Last edited by IHateMyComputer; 08-21-2006 at 03:31 PM.

Just the BIOS, lol
    "Death solves all problems; no man, no problem."
    -Joseph Stalin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information