Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big graphic error!

Default Re: Big graphic error!

Sorry for dubbelpost again but i've checked the card, and there where no dust , and it was not so hot, but becouse it was built by HP so i'm not sure if it was the right one.. But i think so.

What drivers should i try then?

Hi all. I have the exact same problem. Getting these artifatcs in every single game I play. I have a Geforce 7900GT manufactured by Inno3D, which isn't overclocked at all. I have tried everything (cleaning, cooling, other driver versions) to no avail. Furthermore I scanned for artifacts with ATITool, which reported none at all; Tho' when playing a game, they're there for sure. I'm almost at the point, where returning this card seems sensible..
    BTW, I have also tried underclocking the card to an almost extreme low point...the artifacts don't care much thou'..they're still appearing !

Lastly I can confirm that GPU temps never has exceeded 75 deg.Cel. which, to my knowledge, isn't alarming.
    Last edited by djulius; 09-10-2006 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djulius
    Hi all. I have the exact same problem. Getting these artifatcs in every single game I play. I have a Geforce 7900GT manufactured by Inno3D, which isn't overclocked at all. I have tried everything (cleaning, cooling, other driver versions) to no avail. Furthermore I scanned for artifacts with ATITool, which reported none at all; Tho' when playing a game, they're there for sure. I'm almost at the point, where returning this card seems sensible..
    BTW, I have also tried underclocking the card to an almost extreme low point...the artifacts don't care much thou'..they're still appearing !

Lastly I can confirm that GPU temps never has exceeded 75 deg.Cel. which, to my knowledge, isn't alarming.
    I'd be very alarmed at temps getting that high, check to make sure that you havn't broken the contact between the heatsink and the card and that your case has good airflow.

ok i had the same problem and what i did to fix it was i turn the voltage up in the bios and turned my vcore up 3 volts it works

Quote Originally Posted by wayout44
    I'd be very alarmed at temps getting that high, check to make sure that you havn't broken the contact between the heatsink and the card and that your case has good airflow.
    Ok..shows what I know
    I examined the card, which looks intact and has good contact between the heatsink and the chip. I removed the side of the case and installed a temporary fan (read : LARGE ). No luck with that.
    Now...I just unplugged my DVD drive, and my external USB HDD, which actually has a positive impact on things. That leaves me with suspicion concerning my PSU (Codegen 400W, 3V/20A, 5V/25A, 12V/16A).
    Nevertheless, I'm now planning on installing extra fans and perhaps buying a new PSU...

As for changing the voltages in BIOS, I'm stooping a bit. I'm not much for tampering with these, since, with my luck, I'll prolly fry something !

Thanks a whole bunch for taking your time to reply, guys. That leaves hope !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information