Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which is the best gf4 ti4400

I wouldn't suggest buying a 10 base T now-a-days...... capable of basically one meg/sec total throughput on the hub (NOT per port)

But if you don't have any large files you need to transfer, and just want a hub for very small stuff, the 10 base T will do ok....

once known for being a company that produced good quality, cheap
    Haha?? When was ASUS ever cheap?

And let me say this, while they may be lesser as far as overclocking, I am sure they are just fine and more reliable than anything else as far as NORMAL use goes. We as enthusiasts have to remember that we are a tiny group, and so other companies like Leadtek HAVE to do whatever they can to get our business. ASUS is still on top of the heap when it comes to average buyers/users. And I have not seen anything that would begin to hint that ASUS is less than extremely reliable.

yes, asus has proven it itself to be very reliable, with excellent customer service, a very low return rate as well as great products...for example the CUSL2 still holds the crown for P3 boards....also, up until recently asus video cards have been renowned for good overl****ing...althoguh now asus seems to be focusing less on the tweakability of their video cards...which is fine by the average PC user...but not for extreme tweakers...which is what this community is sort or about:afro:

however there is nothing whatsoever wrong with their ti4400...especially if you don;t plan to overlclock..and hey any kind of ti4400 is a good one:afro:
    Epox 8RDA+
    xp2100@ 2.46ghz (214x11.5)
    Radeon 9700 pro
    512mb corsair xms3200 5-3-2-2@214
    512k ADSL
    SLK-800 HSF
    SB Audigy + Ultrasone HFI650DVD
    modded case: 2x120mm,4x80mm
    40GB Seagate Barracuda 4
    Sony trinitron 17"
    Antec Trupower 380W
    3D mark2003 : 5050

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    I wouldn't suggest buying a 10 base T now-a-days...... capable of basically one meg/sec total throughput on the hub (NOT per port)

But if you don't have any large files you need to transfer, and just want a hub for very small stuff, the 10 base T will do ok....
    personally - I would get a 10/100 switch - depends on what you doing with it...if it's just for sharing files between a few home PC's a 10base t hub will probably work fine.

a 10/100 switch is about the double the price of the hub ...around $60cdn for a Dlink DSS5+ in the Toronto area....how much do you want to spend Infielder6 ?

Yes, that is what I would suggest as well if he has a bit more to spend... I would also suggest looking at the Linksys 5-port switch... it is very sleek and portable.

A switch is much better anyday over a hub and 10/100 switches arn't all that much dearer than hubs these days. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well i don't want to spend alot of money on it.. but if it's $66 for a switch, i'd much rather get the switch... basically i'm going to be using it for networking three computers at home... really it's for sharing the internet...

and RDR... where can i get it for $66

Actually Futureshop has some good items on sale right now

SMC 5pt 10/100 Switch - $49.99cdn
    Netgear 4pt Cable/DSL router - $69.99cdn

Available on line or in store

www.Futureshop.ca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information