Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tweaking nVidia GeForce fx 5500 256mb

Default Re: Tweaking nVidia GeForce fx 5500 256mb

I forgot about the heat issue...... Something you can try is to attach a bigger fan over the heatsink on the video card, say a spare 80MM fan. Use some zipties of something similar to attach it and see if that helps.

I would skip the ram if you plan on upgrading soon because DDR is not being used for current hardware. You'd probably be surprised at how little it would cost to put together a budget system that would play games quite well. I bet that for $300-400, you could get a mobo/CPU/ram and a video card that would play most new games on low-med settings and you could give that PC you have to the kids.

Either way, don't spend any money on your current system since it really won't make enough difference to justify it. If you're interested in building a budget gamer, I'd be happy to help point you to the best budget parts that would give you a much better platform to use than your current one.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Default Re: Tweaking nVidia GeForce fx 5500 256mb

Hey thanks,

I have looked on newegg and assembled a pretty good system that would have cost about $800.00. I am at a dilema though, My wife also needs a computer for herself for a side job she picked up. And after all the "trouble" that I have had lately that she had witnessed with this computer, I cannot convince her that this sytem will work perfectly for her. Now she wants to buy her own, for HERSELF, which means money for me will be zilch.

I am gong to keep trying to convince her this system is working fine and maybe I can switch the need to build a computer towards me a little......

Don't know if your married or not, if you are you may understand where I am coming from.

I will keep in mind your offer though, Thanks. Do you know another distributer for computer components that is pretty reasonable?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information