Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: ATI Radeon 9250 Saphire series

Default ATI Radeon 9250 Saphire series

In the minst of problems I was experiencing with a nvidia 5500 video card, I was given an ATI 9250 card to try out. I know, I know, these are not very hi performance or new age, but, both should have boosted my game performance.

Here is the thing now. I removed the nvidia card, Control panel, and driver from the system. Installed the ATI card and am attempting to get the driver. Should be an easy task? That's what I thought.

I can get the newest driver and ATI CCC download. After downloading ,and reboot, All I get is a black screen when the welcome screen is supposed to show. The only way to get back to windows is to shut down and start windows with previous settings. I then have the ATI CCC but it says there are no drivers installed.

Everytime I install a driver, in both the Saphire site and AMD/ATI sites, the same thing happens, black sreen.

What are my options here? Thanks.

Default Re: ATI Radeon 9250 Saphire series

Do you have .NET installed? The CCC version of the ATI Catalyst drivers requires this add-on MS feature. Alternatively you can download the driver only package from ATI or do a custom install of the full package and make sure to disable the Control Center when you are allowed what portions of the driver set to install.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yes, I have installed the .NET 2.0. This is getting very aggrevating. How can I not get the driver, or correct driver to work. I have tried over and over. I am getting tired of restarting my computer. I have searched on google for older driver installs and tried them, no luck. I found one option that told me which to install and I thought it would work, then I find out it did nothing. What is so difficult about this? Am I missing something here?(Blowing off steam)

Is ATI a little more involved than nvidia? I never had this difficulty getting drivers loaded with nvidia.

I get the ATI CCC everytime, but when I try to open it or restart I get a window that says I have no driver installed. Also I get the ?vga controller in device manager and at boot up I get the found new hardware VGA controller. I have let windows try to find the driver, it does find 9250 drivers, but still does not work.

OK, Any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

You have to get some old drivers, not the original ones from the CD but the ones right after it, the new sight is unfamiliar to me. that is what happened with my 9250, but I dont remember the Drivers I had, I had no CCC but I could control everything somehow, I dont remember. Sorry for the lame info. My friend had a similar problem caused by a corrupt install of windows. N.B.-the 9250 is DX7, no new games for you! (I made that mistake before.)
    Mobo...............Asus P5N-SLI (NF570)
    RAM................2 GB Kingston DDR2/667 CL5
    GPU................Evga e-GeForce 7900GTO 512MB
    CPU................Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 2MB L2
    HDD................Hitachi 160 GB IDE
    Disk Drive.........Sony DVD+-RW 16x IDE
    PSU................BFG 650W (on sale for 80$, 80$off!!)
    OS..................Windows XP Home SP2
    Sound card......Sound Blaster x-FI xtreme music
    Overclocked somewhat w/Arctic cooler freezer 7 pro
    other info: saitek eclipse red backlit keyboard
    cheap micro innovations wireless optical mouse
    logitech x-530 speakers (5.1)
    18" viewable KDS CRT monitor (I'll upgrade when it dies)
    about 8 80MM fans and I sleeved most of the cables
    It would be quiet but I have 1 noisy Vantek that blows like a turbine. A crappy generic case which with cammo paint and holes all over.

I know it's not a very new card. Like I said, I was having troubles getting my cheap nvidia geforce 5500 to work and was given this one to try.

All I want to do is play the stupid GTA SA game. I don't even care if it is high quality/performance. Plus I am not worried about playing anything new any time soon. My integrated graphics(ATI Radeon 9100) would play at minimal settings, and would still stutter a bit. I still played for quite some time. The Nvidia 5500 I got real cheap and it is a 256MB, so it was better, but apparently overheating and locking up the computer making it automatically reboot.

My brother played the game with this ATI 9250 card on his rig with better performance and quality, and he upgraded and gave me his old card. How is it that I cannot get it to work?

Thanks for the reply anyways, if you think of something please get back to me. I am going to try for one more day, then it's back to the nvidia and a big fan.

Thread Information