Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: N4V_dll error is there a fix?

Default Re: N4V_dll error is there a fix?

your voltages are a little low, especially as you tested with a meter but won't cause your problems as they are obviously heat related.

What is your case airflow like? cable clutter? what case fans do you have? what configuration are your case fans set up in? where is your pc tower located? does it have good ventilation or is it jammed in one of those desk type slots?

What is your ambient room temperature?

Well, previously my rig was in a warmer environment. I have it out in the open. I recently moved and am in a basement now where the temp in here is about 66 degrees. I thought this would help but still have a problem with it locking up. I set up the large 4" case fan again to blow on the card and have been able to play again with no problems. It's just noisy.

My power supply has a single fan and I have an 3" fan in the rear of the case. The case has a venting channel in the top and pulls air to the front near the HD's. I have no dust build-up either. The cables are not the neatest, but are not causing any real blockage.

If the computer has been idle for a couple hours, I can play for about half an hour - 45 minutes before it freezes, then after restart, I can only play maybe ten minutes. I set the fan up and it plays non-stop.

Why is this card getting so hot???

Basically if all you have is a 3" exhaust fan in your case that will be adding to the heat problem, not enough airflow.

It is not exhausting at a rate high enough to allow cooling on your card, you really need to create better airflow. (this is evidenced by the fact that it runs OK with the additional fans blowing on the card)

As a suggestion (and if your case allows it) you should have equal CFM fans at the front and rear (my setup has 2 x 80mm intake at the front, 2 x 80mm exhaust plus the psu 120mm fan at the rear, the disparity gives greater exhausting thus ensuring there are no "stagnant" hot air pockets) the more air you can push through the case the better the cooling

Aside from investigating airflow, you could consider reapplying the card's heatsink, using a better thermal compound.

All of your voltages are well within the ATX specification. No worries there.

Thanks guys for the advice. I had been running with the side cover off and that larger fan blowing on it. I have a few fans laying aroung and will see if I can get them installed to help out. I can't believe the card is getting that hot. Is that normal? I put a smaller, quieter fan on the card and it still overheats. I need the big one, so I am wondering if there is still going to be enough cooling even with all the extra case fans installed.

My PSU fan just started making a racket. I guess I am going to have to replace anyways. This never ends

I have a POWMAX 400w PSU, is this a little underpowered?

that will do pig that will do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information