Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: dx10 cards completely vista-fokt?

Default dx10 cards completely vista-fokt?

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=41577

what the hell?!?!?

and 5 mins after i order my 8800GTS i read this!!

then again, im sure there gonna fix it, lots and lots of pissed ppl...

Default Re: dx10 cards completely vista-fokt?

The Inquirer is not necessarily a good source of information but the reality is that there are always going to be new things in the world of computing. Even if the DX10.1 thing is real it is not a big deal. Most games we now have are DX8 or 9. Do any games even use DX10 yet? Your video card will still work just fine with the new standard although there may be some added eyecandy that will not show up untill the DX10.1 cards are used .... by that point maybe there will be a DX10.1C that requires even newer cards to get the full benefit.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Default Re: dx10 cards completely vista-fokt?

This is a well know fact for some time. I have not advocated purchasing a current DX10 card for some time. BUT, game developers have hardly cared about DX10 since a huge amount of games do not want Vista and won't be running DX10 anyways. The 8800's are still extremely powerful for DX9 games, and it will work well for years to come. But noone should be surprised for a second that DX10 is already obsolete. And Prariedawg is 100% right. All levels of DX have done this.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Thread Information