Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: All In Wonder 9600 Pro

Default All In Wonder 9600 Pro

Hi to all!

I'm new to Tweak Town Forums, and hoping that someone can help me out. I've had this video card for about 3 years now, and have had no problems with drivers or the MMC applications.

I'm looking to buy a new LCD flat panel monitor, not a widescreen but a standard LCD flat panel. The monitors that I have been looking at are 20.1" diagonal view with native resolutions of 1400 x 1050.

I have just installed the newest Catalyst sofware suite, v7.8. Much to my surprize, 1400 x 1050 is not in the list of resolutions. The closest match is
    1360 x 1024.

The native resolution of the flat panel I have now is 1280 x 1024, and it's a clean viewable screen. So just for giggles, I tried running it at 1360 x 1024 ... It doesn't look too bad at all, although not quite as crisp as 1280 x 1024.

I'm just wondering why ATI doesn't support the 1400 x 1050 resolution? I'm also wondering what the 1360 x 1024 resolution would look like on the flat panel that I am considering. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    - Pja51

Default Re: All In Wonder 9600 Pro

Because it is a non-standard resolution that is hardly used. There is probably a way to force it in CCC if you look around.
    GIgabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX8120 @ 4GHz
    Patriot 1866MHz EL series 2X4GB DDR3
    Powercolour HD 6970 2GB w/XFX 8800GT 512MB Hybrid PhysX
    Creative X-FI titanium HD w/Technics class A 300W amp and tower speakers
    PC P&C 500W PSU
    2TB Seagate
    Coolermaster 690II w/Corsair H100 tucked under the hood

Default Re: All In Wonder 9600 Pro

Well, much to my surprise, I was searching the web for "catalyst force resolutions", and somehow I stumbled onto a thread where some guy was trying to get 1400 x 1050 resolution for his projector.

This led me to a site called "Omegadrivers.net". This is a site that is mostly dedicated to gamers, and features alternate video drivers that include enhancements and many more resolutions. Sure enough, there was an alternate driver for the AIW Radeon 9600.

I uninstalled the catalyst display diver, kept the rest of the catalyst SW, and loaded this new dirver. Yep, my 1400 x 1050 resolution was there, along with a slew of extra resolutions not found in catalyst 7.8.

Again, just for girns, I loaded that resolution and used it with my current LCD panel. Not bad at all. All of the MMC apps worked well. Now I can go after the monitor that I really wanted.

Oh, BTW ... ATI highly recognizes the person and what he is doing.

Thanks,
    Pja51 - Butch

Thread Information