Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nvidia going bye bye?

Wow......that's so true......you practically pulled the words right out of me...I just didn't know how to say them....the geforce 4 is all about speed........I say the most sucessful was the geforce 2....I think I'm using my geforce 3 to its full potential I have 4XAA on during most games....what else can I use to take FULL advantage of the geforce 3....I have a leadtek geforce 3TDH...do you know where to get the latest version of winfox? I'm still runnning version 1.0 which is the version that comes on the cd's heh

There are new drivers on Leadtek's site for XP. It even includes nVidia's latest reference drivers. Considering Leadtek's awful initial nVidia drivers, this a good thing for them to do. WinFox is now at 2.0, but it never completes the install without Microsoft's little abend helper popping up and saying "would you like for me to send this error report to Mr. Moneybags?" I installed nVidia's file successfully. That has been one thing nVidia has done that I have been impressed with since the days of the Riva 128 - great drivers.

Patrick

What the detonators? I'm using the 23's. I never had luck with the newer 28's, there extremely unstable....where do I get winfox 2.0 have you tried the compatibility mode?

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/www/Web_Leadtek/driver_e.asp

Select Entertainment Graphics and GeForce3(GF3, Ti200, ti500). It's the last file displayed for Windows XP/2000. I haven't tried compatibility mode since I thought it was XP signed.

Patrick

Guys....nice to talk about Nvidia going out of business...I doubt it. But, check out the new Matrox Parhelia. ref http://www.guru3d.com/, down about half way. Also, check out Matrox's website and check out the multi monitor. This thing is evidently going to sell for about the same as the G4Ti, and it outperforms it in a major way. Also, it has the built in 3 monitor support...so no more maxing the PCI bus. Thoughts?

Darth Mildew
    Experienced OverClocker/Modder

AMD2100 (overclocked of course)
    G3TI
    FSB333 ATI 133, etc.
    Watercooled of course

Beefy Guest

There was a thread around somewhere about the Parhelia. It's looking really nice on paper, but it will be good to finally see some real-world testing, and the many different benchmarking results that sites love to give us.

tri-monitors is a good idea and all, but then again, so is dual, and I don't know many people that use that. So it's probably going to end up another great feature that's not really practical to most people.. :)

Yes nothing will be decided until real hardware is compared as paper specs mean nothing in the real world. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Dual monitors have no use for me. I doubt tri will either. I want performance and graphic quality, which Matrox did have. I stopped using Maxtrox when their G400 cards didn't have great drivers and Maxtrox had zero support. nVidia has done the best job of support, IMO, of any hardware company that I've seen in the past 20 years. Unified drivers that work even on my old TNT and geForce 1 cards. I still have my old Matrox Mistake and can I find drivers? Nope, maybe if I beg to a support group. IF Matrox wants my business, they will have to prove they are willing to actually support their cards. I can come up with demos that would make my TNT2 card run circles around a Voodoo3, so until I see actual 'real-world' reviews, I won't touch a Matrox.

Patrick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information