Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: plz help...stupid direct 3d problems

Question plz help...stupid direct 3d problems

ok ill start out by saying that i have recently bought my friends 2600 pro...installed it all fine played some BF 2142 fine then when i overclocked it in catalyst did fine then for some stupid reason tried to use another overclocker and forgot to un overclock the catalyst......so they conflicted and the drivers rolled back....after some ordeal i got them back installed but now direct 3d dosent want to work in DXDIAG it says "Direct3D functionality not available. you should blah blah blah..." and so on but wtf i tried reinstalling directx 9c...nothing tried reinstalled drivers and the whole sha bang...nothing plz....help!

Default Re: plz help...stupid direct 3d problems

you may have to blow it away and start again.

try putting your old card back and see if you can get directx to fire back up

which version of directx9c did you use (there are multiple versions - you may have d/l the latest from MS)

well wast the latest one?...cause i really dont wanna switch video cards

last time i checked is directx9c_nov - d/l it from microsoft - not thru windows update - it will not put the latest on.

k well i tried all that and it didnt work.....so i tried rolling back directx to 8.1 cause i read it on some thing and now i cant get back to 9.0c so im guessing the next thing is to reinstall window huh?

k i reinstalled windows now i still got the same problem direct 3d dosent work i have directx 9c but still no direct 3d

very weird

does openGL work?

what & whose driver are you using for your video card (ie manufacturers, ATI or MS)

Thread Information